How to load firmware from nothing

poursoul

Jul 3, 2012
I have recently purchased an Allwinner A13 tablet and I have done some dumb things.

I have managed to wipe the Data and System partitions. I would like to know how to load a firmware img from nothing. I can get to the boot logo, but it won't go past that to the boot animation.

If I hold either of the vol + or vol - buttons while powering on it will stay at a blank screen and my computer does recognize it in the device manager. The fastboot binary I have will not recognize it though. when I list the devices connected with fastboot it is blank. Is there another way of doing this? Google searches come up with nothing.

Here is my tab:

$0pFCH.jpg

Last edited:

poursoul

Jul 3, 2012
So.... I'm going to assume that this tablet is still too new and no one has done this before. Is there anyone out there that has a utility for this? A way to load a rom with nothing on it?

poursoul

Jul 3, 2012
When the tablet was still booting I was able to send adb commands to it doing the fastboot binary that I found. I guess I meant to wipe the caches and reboot, but instead wiped the wrong partition. My problem is that Android was reporting that I had no internal memory. After reading around I found that there were several people that were able to wipe caches (cache and davlik) and it would fix it.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
When the tablet was still booting I was able to send adb commands to it doing the fastboot binary that I found. I guess I meant to wipe the caches and reboot, but instead wiped the wrong partition. My problem is that Android was reporting that I had no internal memory. After reading around I found that there were several people that were able to wipe caches (cache and davlik) and it would fix it.
You need to find the firmware for the tablet, or find someone who has the same tablet to make a backup and give it to you.

poursoul

Jul 3, 2012
That's not really the problem. I have an A13 img. What exactly should I do with it? The only utility out there for anything close to this is for the tablet when it is already booted up. I need a utility that can push a rom when the tablet is in fastboot mode or off.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Can't you use livesuite to flash the image?

do you have a link about your tablet? where you got it from and a download link for the a13.img

hoodwink77

Jul 8, 2012
I have done exactly the same thing!!! Completely wiped my tablet and now the screen is blank after the Android logo appears.

Please help!! Did you manage to work out how to fix it yet???

I know absolutely nothing about any of this as this is my first tablet...!

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
You haven't said if you tried livesuite or not, livesuite is what is used for allwinner tablets unless you have cw recovery installed, which I doubt.

you install livesuite put your tablet into flash mode and flash the image.

it is possible I guess you could fastboot the system from the image never tried it myself just a possibility. you would have to disassemble the livesuite image and remove the system image from it first.

http://www.dgmorn.com/how-to-upgrade-boxchip-tablets/

Last edited:

poursoul

Jul 3, 2012
Thanks for the link Vamps, never seen that one. There is no hard reset button on this tablet as far as I can tell. I have taken off the back and looked all over the motherboard, including all around the mic.

When I power on my device with the usb plugged in it does show up in my device manager on my pc. But without holding down the hard reset button (which I can't find) I don't think it will go into the mode that will allow livesuite to see it.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
hard reset usually is a small hole on the side that requires a paper clip to be inserted to press the reset. every tablet i have seen has a reset button. Can you post the link where you got the tablet from? it would help to know exactly what tablet you have.

You just give general info that covers hundreds of tablets, post the exact web site and link to the tablet you have.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
After goggle the rom you have installed "Vestinious Renaissance Eken T01a + V6 SuperCharger" on the picture you posted, you don't even have a Allwinner A13 tablet you have a EKEN T01a.

poursoul

Jul 3, 2012
Thanks for your help and quick replies.

It's useless to point out where I got it from. It was from a random vendor on AliExpress. They were selling it as an Eken T01 but it obviously isn't. I opened a dispute and I'm settling for a 20% refund. I assure you though, this is the EXACT tablet here:

McBub: Low-Priced McPad F1, USD 69.99, 7 Inch AllWinner A13 Android 4.0 Tablet PC 512MB RAM 4GB McPad F1 Capacitance screen WIFI Camera Black (CP147739)

I have completely removed the motherboard now, and there still appears to have no reset button. I know exactly what you are talking about too, this is my fifth tablet, fourth cheap Chinese one. There is a mic hole, but nothing corresponds inside with a reset button.