How To Make Autoplay Video From USB When USB Stick Plugged?

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Video' started by Nick_Barsook, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Nick_Barsook

Nick_Barsook Junior Member

Hello guys!

I want to setup my andriod mediapleer devise so if I plug in any USB stick into it, video files from this usb stick will automatically play.

I tried to use TASKER app but now i can only play video from inner memory of mediapleer after restarting for example.
    Now I very need to know? how to make autoplay video from USB when usb stick plugged in.

2. emma24xia

emma24xia Member

3. EthanStark

EthanStark Junior Member

How to Create an AutoRun File for a USB Flash Drive
    USB AutoRun is the term used when specific, predetermined digital content is automatically launched from your flash drive as soon as it is plugged into a memory port. The content can include items like a web page, interactive menu, multimedia presentation, a document, or an entire application. Creating an autorun USB drive allows for customization of content as well as the personalization of the title of your flash drive and its autoplay setup options.

Flash drive autorun has two primary purposes. First, it helps the user navigate the contents of the device with ease—a menu will quickly display all of the drive's files without any prompting on your part. Second, when the USB drive is distributed as a promotional gift, it provides a second layer of marketing on top of a branded exterior. The USB autorun can deliver web pages, commercials or special offers without the risk of users missing it or having to search for the flash drive's contents on your desktop or buried in My Computer settings.

[autorun]
    ;Open=PlayMe.exe
    ShellExecute=PlayMe.exe
    UseAutoPlay=1

Then, save your Notepad file as autorun.inf under the flash drive's root directory. Make sure you don't have any spaces or illegal characters in the filenames so that they open properly.

If you feel like getting a little fancy, you can even add more like a company icon or use a long label to name the drive:

[autorun]
    Icon=MyLogo.ico
    Label=My long drive name here
    ;Open=PlayMe.exe
    ShellExecute=PlayMe.exe
    UseAutoPlay=1

Ethan Stark