How to make new folder for game icons

staffnon

Aug 6, 2012
I have a eGlide XL PRO II tablet. How do I make a new folder to put all my game icons in, And other folders for other icons

staffnon

Aug 6, 2012
I just talked to ematic help desk, and they say that this tablet has no capability or user option to add a new folder so that you can combine different icons into different folders.

What a suck A** machine. I guess I will have to flip a coin to see if I return it or keep it.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Android is obvously not what you expect it to be...
You must remember that tablet Android is derived, if it can be called that, from SMARTPHONEs... which have no need for 'folders'.

I do not know (nor would I care) if the i-thing does... but if you want that ability you need to look more at the 7-based tablets... a more 'normal' OS...
I suggest you return it while it is still possible, and put the extra $$$ into a 'bigger' machine.

just my 2cts. :)

Last edited:

TGamel

Apr 1, 2011
I just talked to ematic help desk, and they say that this tablet has no capability or user option to add a new folder so that you can combine different icons into different folders.

What a suck A** machine. I guess I will have to flip a coin to see if I return it or keep it.

Sorry, but they lied to you. To create a folder and group your apps together simply drap an app to the main screen. To group two similar apps together, simply hold down the second app and drag it to the main screen as well and place it on top of the first app. Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) 4 will then combine the two apps in folder automatically, to change the name of the folder simply select it an when it opens tap on the text that say "untitled folder" and type in the new name of the folder. That is all you have to do to place folders and group apps on your main screen.

Todd

staffnon

Aug 6, 2012
Thanks TGamel.
I did what you said and dragged one game icon onto another, and then the small window pops up and showed unnamed. Type a name in and everything is GREAT.
Also another question, How did you get Android Market downloaded installed with out rooting?. I have Version 4.0.3
So far a good machine, and fun.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Sorry, but they lied to you..... Todd

Disclaimer:
Okay, so Im wrong! :p

BUT---
That only works for the MAIN screen... It is not possible to take that folder and put it into the APP screen, where I would prefer it to be if I were doing the same thing.
BTW... it also works on my EGL25BL, so it is an ability of ICS, not necessarily the particular tablet.
:)

If it makes you feel any better... their website doesnt even MENTION mine... eGlide 4 (EGL25BL).
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Disclaimer:
Okay, so Im wrong! :p

BUT---
That only works for the MAIN screen... It is not possible to take that folder and put it into the APP screen, where I would prefer it to be if I were doing the same thing.
BTW... it also works on my EGL25BL, so it is an ability of ICS, not necessarily the particular tablet.
:)

If it makes you feel any better... their website doesnt even MENTION mine... eGlide 4 (EGL25BL).
:rolleyes:

If you want to make app folders/organize the App Drawer, check out some custom launchers. I know that ADW Launcher EX and Apex Launcher Pro have the ability to make folders/tabs for groups of apps in the app drawer.

TGamel

Apr 1, 2011
Thanks TGamel.
I did what you said and dragged one game icon onto another, and then the small window pops up and showed unnamed. Type a name in and everything is GREAT.
Also another question, How did you get Android Market downloaded installed with out rooting?. I have Version 4.0.3
So far a good machine, and fun.

I posted instructions on the 'eGlide Pro X' forum under Ematic tablets on how to add the Android market for your tablet. I would post a link here or move the post to this forum but I do not know how to do so. But check it out, it is easy and several users have already used this process to add android market to their Ematic tablets.

Todd