How To Manually Update (Requires SD Card)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
How to update your Flytouch II/Wowpad/Superpad/etc

This only works for version 1170 and above.

Read the complete guide BEFORE you attempt to update your device!

I take no responsibility if you don't follow these instructions and something goes wrong.
I warn you that there is a possiblity of loosing all data on the device! So make sure you follow the backup instructions!

I sincerely hope this helps you!

Step 1: Download z4root Download

Step 2: Once you have downloaded place the .apk file onto your memory stick or micro sd card.

Step 3: Now plug your sd card or memory stick into your flytouch 2 and open it with you file manager (wowfilemanager) now click the .apk file and install it.

Step 4: Open z4 root you will be shown 2 options, tempory root and permanent root, I suggest permanent root incase you have to reboot.

Step 5: Restart your device and it is now rooted and you can run titanium backup.

Step 6: Download Titanium Backup from the marketplace.

Step 7: Run Titanium Backup, and allow it SuperUser Privilages when requested.

Step 8: Menu/Batch/Run Backup all user apps and system data

Step 9: When this finishes, backup the TitaniumBackup Directory from the SD Card onto your computer.

Step 10
: Open System settings (from the Desktop) /About Device/Certification You *NEED* to have a backup of this number! Sometimes the update deletes this and it CANNOT BE RECOVERED. I personally just took a screenshot which I also saved to the computer.

Step 11: Download the update.zip for whatever update version you want to install.

Step 12:Save this update.zip file to an empty Fat32 MicroSD card. It has to be empty and formatted to Fat32.

Step 13: Turn off your Device

Step 14: Insert the SD card with the update on it into the SD card slow BETWEEN the USB ports.

Step 15: Boot into Recover mode by pressing Home and Vol -

Step 16: Select the "Update from Update.zip" option by using the volume keys to move and the menu key to select

Step 17: Let this run. If it does not work Try wiping the Cache via the reovery menu (look above) and retry installing from the update.zip. There is an option to wipe data, i suggest this if the update still doesn't work. This is why we backed up the programs.

Step 18: If it asks you to register the tablet just plug the tablet into the internet using a LAN cable. Then type in the code I instructed you to back up.

Step 19: Repeat steps 1 to 6 if you lost your programs.

Step 20: Enjoy the added functionality of the new update.

I hope this helps!

Please comment if it does/doesn't work.

Good-luck,
Richardo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.