[How To] Manually Update SYNET7LP/SYTABEX7 to Android 2.2 "Froyo"

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
After spending the day with my tablet and my job, i work with it as well, i'll have to report that the beta4 update for the express model is the one to install; i already installed all my needed apk, all of them works; however, the flash player is still not working i dont know why, and the back button is missed in 1/2 size when i use it in portrait mode; i also notice that on my tab it shows the local memory, sd1 and udisk, in local at the botton it shows the total remaining of memory;(in my case Total:511 mb,Free: 506mb) if you press sd its supposed to show the same info as local, but in this case it says /mnt/sdcard, and it doesnt show any info at all, the same goes with the udisk no info; but i can copy, cut, paste between the sdcard and udisk, i also noticed that in some apk's the back button shows all the button sometimes in portrait, sometimes not, but i can live with it; wifi is splendid, like when i purchased, i can connect and disconnect whenever i want; the boot time is faster than the beta3 altought i have 4 pages of apk's installed, battery holds better, skype works but only if you dont uninstall the phone apk and telephonyprovider, if you uninstalled them it wont work, the os seems faster, the screen reacts better now, and on settings if you go to upgrade system and check for an update, it shows that the os is up to date, so no update beyond this; I really like this os, well; i really like the tablet from the beggining, and i like it a lot more been like it more atthis moment, i have an rma number for a return or exchange from dg, but i'm keeping my tablet at the momet; shure they could change me to the one that comes with hdmi output, maybe the screen rotates, but; right now its working speactacular, nothing to envy from others except bluetooth and cameras; so i encourage to install this update the beta4 in the express model,

I still trying to get the flash player to work but no progress, what about the sensor rotation? On android systems apk it shows on the sensors info that a 3.0ma sensor by the the android open source project; i dont know if that is the program for the sensor, but i think that it has one; after paying the $99 that it cost me on cvs, i'll have learn a lot from you guys, from android os as well, and it has been great to know more about this tablet as well, is some kind of challenge(so it has to work or you better work) and right now its working better,

Lets hope to find a way to get the flash program to go on, fix the back button on portrait mode, fix the autorotation and it would be complete (to me of course)

krsboimo0o0o

May 22, 2011
Does any one have the eclair ius update files? I want to go back to eclair until froyo is out of beta. I do like the new launcher and the interchangeable icons in the dock

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
which I guess is the Android 1.4 version.

Any ideas? or am I not going to get 2.2 on the Disgo?

Great information! Let me investigate that file and I'll post the details so you know whether or not to apply the update. The file conventions so far have not conformed to any pattern that identifies which update is newer.

Update - After using the InfoTM Update Wrap (IUW) utility to view the wrap information then splitting *.ius into parts to investigate U0 "u-boot-nand.bin, UBOOT, Ramdisk, Kernel, UserData, and system.img this update file is NOT Android 1.4 it is 2.1-update1 "Eclair". Again, the *.ius naming conventions are confusing. Depending on what version is currently installed on the Disgo 6000 this file if applied will be 2.1.

"hwver"
12.2.0.5 - disgo_12.2.0.5.1.4.ius

Wrap Information:
Code:
Company: error
Board:    error
FileNum: 12.2.0.5.1.4
Size:    52 MB

Image List:
U0 (247 KB)
UBOOT (231 KB)
RD (178.5 KB)
LK (2370.5 KB)
ADD_USER (4.5 KB)
ADD_AS (49677.5 KB)
U-Boot 2009.08-svn483 (Nov 23 2010 - 08:42:32)

build.prop
Code:
# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=ERE27
ro.build.display.id=p7901a-eng 2.1-update1 ERE27 eng.liuqi.20101123.173421 test-keys
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.liuqi.20101123.173421
ro.build.version.sdk=7
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=[B]2.1-update1[/B]
ro.build.date=2010年 11月 23日 星期二 17:36:41 CST
ro.build.date.utc=1290505001
ro.build.type=eng
ro.build.user=liuqi
ro.build.host=liuqi-desktop
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.product.model=p7901a
ro.product.brand=generic
ro.product.name=p7901a
ro.product.device=p7901a
ro.product.board=
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=unknown
ro.product.locale.language=mdpi
ro.product.locale.region=
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=imap210
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=p7901a
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=p7901a-eng 2.1-update1 ERE27 eng.liuqi.20101123.173421 test-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=generic/p7901a/p7901a/:2.1-update1/ERE27/eng.liuqi.20101123.173421:eng/test-keys
# end build properties

#
# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
ro.software.version=1.0
ro.versioncode=1
ro.versioncode=1
ro.debuggable=0
persist.service.adb.enable=0
ro.suspend.unloadWifiDriver=true
ro.config.notification_sound=OnTheHunt.ogg
ro.config.alarm_alert=Alarm_Classic.ogg
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=1
ro.setupwizard.mode=OPTIONAL
net.bt.name=Android
ro.config.sync=yes
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt
Device Info in Setting will still incorrectly report version number since it is hard coded in to the application just as it was in early Sylvania updates.

Code:
.line 62
    const-string v1, "device_model"

const-string v2, "DISGO 6000"

invoke-direct {p0, v1, v2}, Lcom/android/settings/DeviceInfoSettings;->setStringSummary(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V

.line 63
    const-string v1, "software_version"

const-string v2, [B]"1.1"[/B]

invoke-direct {p0, v1, v2}, Lcom/android/settings/DeviceInfoSettings;->setStringSummary(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V

Last edited:

gimp1955

Apr 13, 2011
11.2.1.5/11.2.1.5.2.0_beta4.ius was posted sometime this afternoon....
I'm thinking there really is no "update conventions" at this point. they seem to be working feverishly and posting when any progress, no matter how small, is made.
at least in the last few days...

after downloading this update I see that the file size is only 57.9Megs... why the big meg difference?

I installed this and seems to run fine i think a lot of the size difference now is if you look the flash 10.1apk is now gone. Be nice to get the 10.3 working now:)

Sent from my p7901a using Tapatalk

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Has anybody managed to find / get a 2.2 image onto a disgo unit?
Yes and No, a Disgo user reported that they used one of the Sylvania updates with success, however the Model version and Firmware are hard coded in the Settings application so after updating the Disgo will display it's a SYNET7LP DG2.20.

11.2.0.5 was the first Sylvania identified but no 2.2 update has been identified.

Caution: Using the incorrect update file (*.ius) for a "hwver" could brick the device.

Here are the identified file names to search manually -

http: // 222.73.93.45/update/##.#.#.#/(insert string below)

Replace ##.#.#.# with Hardware ID "hwver="
Code:
(Android 2.2 "Froyo")
##.#.#.#.2.0_beta3.ius
##.#.#.#.2.0_beta3_1.ius
##.#.#.#_beta3_fina2.ius
##.#.#.#_beta3_final.ius
##.#.#.#.2.0_beta4.ius
##.#.#.#.2.1.ius
##.#.#.#.2.2.ius

disgo_##.#.#.#.1.4.ius (Android 2.1 update1 "Eclair")

Last edited:

krsboimo0o0o

May 22, 2011
@cfrockit. Do you have the firmware names for the different versions of eclair, the one with working sensors and the newer eclair with the sensors disabled? I have the 11215 and it doesn't have a restore image. I don't want froyo until the market fix is 100%.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
@cfrockit. Do you have the firmware names for the different versions of eclair, the one with working sensors and the newer eclair with the sensors disabled?

Unfortunately No, we didn't know enough prior to the current updates being available to grab the 1.1 to 2.01 to 2.02 files manually from the update server. The orientation sensor was reported as working on 11.2.1.8 devices being returned for Digital Gadgets Customer Service, so the fixes should also be coming to 11.2.1.5 unless there different hardware versions of the SYNTABEX7 as there a least two (2) different SYNET7LP's. I just updated the http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...resources-synet7lp-sytabex7-disgo-6000-a.html post with links to two Dec '10 discussions and pictures of the 7LP's with an without "auto-rotate" orientation sensors.

This driver that loads on the newer/repaired 11.2.1.8 was not found in the previous updates -
Code:
<6>Bosch Sensortec Device detected!
<6>BMA150/SMB380 registered I2C driver!
<6>bma150 device create ok
The very first update file identified for 11.2.0.5 is still available but no idea whether it has working sensors or if it will brick an 11.2.1.5 - http: // 222.73.93.45/update/sylvania/79011009/system.bin. (Note: Even though the file extension is .bin it loads in the InfoTM Update Wrap (IUW) utility.)

The method/location for pulling updates has changed between versions. If we had the old Settings.apk we could identify where they were located an download manually.

Last edited:

disgo999

May 22, 2011
Caution: Using the incorrect update file (*.ius) for a "hwver" could brick the device.

Here are the identified file names to search manually -

http: // 222.73.93.45/update/##.#.#.#/(insert string below)

Replace ##.#.#.# with Hardware ID "hwver="
Code:
(Android 2.2 "Froyo")
##.#.#.#.2.0_beta3.ius
##.#.#.#.2.0_beta3_1.ius
##.#.#.#_beta3_fina2.ius
##.#.#.#_beta3_final.ius
##.#.#.#.2.0_beta4.ius
##.#.#.#.2.1.ius
##.#.#.#.2.2.ius

disgo_##.#.#.#.1.4.ius (Android 2.1 update1 "Eclair")

Thanks cfrockit.

I can't find any other 12.2.0.5 image file. Tried every possible search combination.

So the question is will the disgo unit accept an SD update using one of the
##.#.#.#.2.0_beta4.ius files?

Also how terminal is a 'brick' ?? Does it also break the three fingered factory reset boot? Could I use the disgo_12.2.0.5.1.4.ius with a factory reset if the sylvania image 'bricks' the disgo unit?

Thanks

d999

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks cfrockit.

I can't find any other 12.2.0.5 image file. Tried every possible search combination.

Nor can we find any other 11.2.0.5 image files. Puzzling! Did .0.5 morph to .0.6 or .1.5 but it's not .1.8?

So the question is will the disgo unit accept an SD update using one of the
##.#.#.#.2.0_beta4.ius files?

Also how terminal is a 'brick' ?? Does it also break the three fingered factory reset boot? Could I use the disgo_12.2.0.5.1.4.ius with a factory reset if the sylvania image 'bricks' the disgo unit?
'brick' caused by updating with an incorrect *.ius file has been reported as making the device completely inoperable, meaning nothing will bring it back to life. The device shows no sign of responding to power on, therefore the "factor reset" (three finger method) or pushing the reset or pushing the Power button do anything. The device is 'brick' that can be used as a paper weight if you still have stacks of paper sitting around in a windy condition.

Specifically, it has been reported the 11.2.1.8 ius 'brick'ed an 11.2.0.6, which may be attributed to the different U0 - u-boot-nand.bin images.

The 11.2.0.6 and 11.2.1.5 have the same version of U0 - u-boot-nand.bin, however the "##.#.#.#.2.0_beta4.ius" file seems to be specific to the SYNTABEX7 (11.2.1.5) that is an Express model without an HDMI port. This device is the most different from the Disgo in hardware specifications, however observed in other updates, infoTM is not disabling anything in software. Devices that have been updated are showing an Ethernet port turned, a second sdcard slot and Bluetooth which don't exist of any of the 7" devices.

The 11.2.0.7 ius did burn to an 11.2.0.6 device but was missing many major features/functions so it was never concluded was that just poor programming or a device that doesn't really exist in addition to we don't understand the file naming conventions. But given this information, the 11.2.0.6.2.0_beta3.ius update could be attempted but the results are unknown without some risk.

It's a gamble either way since we really don't know if the 3rd and 4th digits correspond to different hardware or just confusing firmware numbering.

See infoTMIC Hardware ID's "hwver" and updates (*.ius) to gain some more insight on all of the model numbering.

Last edited:

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
I'm starting to get drop outs on the internet on my tablet wich was upgraded to beta4.ius; i reported that this could it be the upgrade that we were looking for, but sometimes it wont allow me when i have a drop out of internet to reconnect, even if i do a search nothing would happen, and the best thing to do is a reboot; anyone knows something regarding this?? it was working fine altought, just suddendly this prob appears.... but i sure want to get it fix as well.... by the way, it says right now under about device tgat tge abdroid version that i have is the dg2.2.1-7b1, kernel 2.6.32.9 neville@neville-desktop#3, hardware id 11.2.1.5