[How To] Manually Update SYNET7LP/SYTABEX7 to Android 2.2 "Froyo"

pokecancer

Apr 13, 2011
I had success with updating on Windows 7 32 bit using the OTG port.
Someone else mentioned a hiss from the speaker. I am having this same problem, and I also can't get flash going or uninstalled (tried root explorer).
When people mention wiping the device, what is the process? Are they referring to just a factory settings wipe? I was thinking maybe starting from a wipe would help my sound problem.
My device is using 11.2.0.6 btw.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2011
Huzzah!

Using the terminal emulator and the OTG alternative, I can report success on my Express Tablet.

So far, everything seems to run nicely (if not better than before). I'll have to do some further testing to see what, if anything, might have gone wrong, but as it stands, it seems to work excellently.

I had to go a little round about with doing this, because my computer (A Gateway running Win Vista) didn't want to ask me for device setup on the tablet and doesn't currently have a working SD card slot (it's stopped working for no obvious reason). So I would up using a friends computer, which was a Dell running Win XP. Everything worked exactly as the directions indicated. SO, yeah, I'd call that a successful operation!

LSWONE

Dec 30, 2010
Thank you to all that have helped make the manual update possible! I finally did it on a Win7 32bit since I could not install the correct driver on my Win7 64 bit system. So far this seems so much faster! I am loving it!!!!!

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
Still cant get Flash Player to work. No matter what browser I use : Stock,Skifire,Opera i get the "Install "flash pla..."

I can watch you tube with the youtube app and some pages with Skyfire's built in video function, but I want to use Playon... and it says no flash.
but flash is in the 2.2 and it's in the file system and it says it will be replaced when i try to download and install the flash app.
What ver did you get to work and what does it work with?

usagi111

Apr 7, 2011
Still cant get Flash Player to work. No matter what browser I use : Stock,Skifire,Opera i get the "Install "flash pla..."

I can watch you tube with the youtube app and some pages with Skyfire's built in video function, but I want to use Playon... and it says no flash.
but flash is in the 2.2 and it's in the file system and it says it will be replaced when i try to download and install the flash app.

I'm going to try replacing 10.2 with the flash version used in Hulu hack (For the Samsung Epic 4G), i believe that version will be able to let you watch a majority of videos thru the browser. It's only a theory, but I believe it may work...

Ablepharous

Dec 20, 2010
Success! Updated my sylvania tablet hwver 11.2.0.6. Mine has no auto rotation, but it never did. My WIFI drops out also and only a reboot will bring it back. Other than the WIFI problem it's running perfectly.

I've had it running for about 2.5 hrs and battery is at 75%. Played Angry Birds Rio for most of that time.

BTW I used the sdcard burn method, took about 15min.

usagi111

Apr 7, 2011
So I'm having a "Morning After" moment here despite the victory and I gotta few questions...

I know they didn't work before, but has anyone tried using 3rd party market apps like Applanet, Blapk Market, and Aptoide to see if they work now?

Does anyone know how to control the volume when looking at videos, youtube or otherwise?

Any apps that are deleted, can they be restored by flashing it again or this is it,

can a factory reset wipe be done in the event a official release comes out?

Last edited:

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
I've enabled "Move to SD" option, but it doesn't seem to work.
I went into build.prop inside /system and opened it up and added a "1" to the option. It is now enabled but when I try to move an app like Angry Birds it says it failed to move it.

skamp

Mar 25, 2011
After upgrading has anyone actually gotten an OTA update to work?
its taking forever to D/l just wondering if it actually does anything..

dragonle_2000

Apr 9, 2011

same here i unable to get the flash player to install on this device even after the update to dg2.20 and universal androot installed on it. i really pissed off after try every versions of the flash player that i got a hand on it but with no success.
so has any one come up with any kind of rom or root to able to install the flash player on this device?
i wonder is it ok to install wince 6 mobile on this device or not?

gimp1955

Apr 13, 2011
I was wondering the same thing about the win ce since it is on the sylvania netbook.
Also I noticed you said you had universal root since you updated to the dg2.20. I've tried to root mine and can't. Any pointers on how you got yours rooted would be appreciated, thanks.

dragonle_2000

Apr 9, 2011
I was wondering the same thing about the win ce since it is on the sylvania netbook.
Also I noticed you said you had universal root since you updated to the dg2.20. I've tried to root mine and can't. Any pointers on how you got yours rooted would be appreciated, thanks.
just run a universal androot 1.62 beta version to root it it might say fail the first time but do it again it will go through.even though i cant install a flash player with this root.

gimp1955

Apr 13, 2011
just run a universal androot 1.62 beta version to root it it might say fail the first time but do it again it will go through.even though i cant install a flash player with this root.
Thanks!!! I ran the 1.5.3 build and it took 2 times but is rooted:) thank you again for the help.
Also i renamed some of the apps like phone.apk to phone.old and it seemed to speed it up. I know the keyboard is quicker.

Sent from my p7901a using Tapatalk