[How To] Manually Update SYNET7LP/SYTABEX7 to Android 2.2 "Froyo"

epeereboom

Dec 19, 2010
My tablet went a little screwy yesterday. so since I was going to do a fresh wipe and lose the market any way, I figured I'd do the manual update via otg ( to cheap to get a 2 gig card). Worked great.

Might try to update wifi driver later today. After updating the tab was unable to scan for wifi, but after a couple of resets haven't had that problem again. So we'll see how things go today.

Sent from my p7901a using Tapatalk

john_tartar

May 3, 2011
I'm stuck trying to make the SD card. IUW refuses to recognize that any card is there.
I'm guessing that it's because of the partition problem, all SD cards come formatted for windows.

This suggestion: "Click on the SD card first partition (down in the bottom right section) and you should get an X on the tool bar which is Delete. Delete the partition so the card is "Unallocated" no need to format. Try Step 4 again." Just doesn't work. I'm running Windows XP, there is no X that appears, but a right click brings up some choices, but "Delete Partition" is greyed out

And suggestion on how to SIMPLY delete partition on an SD card?
I goggled it and found 10,000 pages all, 10 times more cryptic than every thing on here.

john_tartar

May 3, 2011
Well after a re-boot, with nothing else running, I was able to delete the partition in the SD card.
But that didn't help, IUW just does NOT recognize it.
I rebooted, nothing
Removed the drive letter assigned to the SD card, nothing
Re-booted again, nothing

It's just not recognizing the SD card.
Kinda like the guys running Windows 7 are saying.
BUT I'm running Windows XP, will all latest updates.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I'm stuck trying to make the SD card. IUW refuses to recognize that any card is there.
I'm guessing that it's because of the partition problem, all SD cards come formatted for windows.

This suggestion: "Click on the SD card first partition (down in the bottom right section) and you should get an X on the tool bar which is Delete. Delete the partition so the card is "Unallocated" no need to format. Try Step 4 again." Just doesn't work. I'm running Windows XP, there is no X that appears, but a right click brings up some choices, but "Delete Partition" is greyed out

Sometimes a picture is clearer than written instructions.

$Sd_image1.JPG

And suggestion on how to SIMPLY delete partition on an SD card?
I goggled it and found 10,000 pages all, 10 times more cryptic than every thing on here.

Here are the top three most discussed which all produce different results.

A recent post has also suggested formatting the card in your phone/camera which worked.

SD Formatter 3.0 for SD/SDHC/SDXC

HDD Low Level Format Tool

HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
I don't know for sure, as I posted somewhere else here, but Win7 has the diskpart command. If you run an elevated command prompt (ie: run as Admin) and run "diskpart" you will be able to delete the partition.

Click Start \ all programs \ accessories
Here is the command prompt. Right click it and run as Admin

it will open a black window with a c:\ prompt
here is the list of commands you will enter
diskpart - may take a second or 2 to start
list disk - this will show all the drives on your system. look for the size of your SD card that is the one
select disk # - # being the number of your SD card from the list disk table
list partition - this will show you the partitions on your SD card.
select partition # - # being the number of your partition from the list partition table (this should always be 1, but listing the partitions will resolve any conflict)
delete partition - this will delete the partition and your SD card will be ready for the wrapper tool! IF there is an "in use" error you can use the override command:
delete partition override - ready for the wrapper tool!

This works on win7 64bit. Should work on Vista as well. But I don't remember if XP has the diskpart command or not.
Someone could check?

john_tartar

May 3, 2011
Yes I deleted the partition. (I think that if other programs are running, and might be trying to access the drive in question, that windows will not allow you to delete a partition)

However, it's deleted now, but IUW does NOT see it.

Running windows XP

Cat88Extreme

Mar 15, 2011
Make sure when you boot/reboot your computer that the card is not in the slot. I had the same problem with Windows XP and IUW not seeing the card. Once I deleted the partition IUW couldn't see the card and even after reboot it couldn't see the card. Once I rebooted without the card in the computer and then put it in IUW could now see the card.

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
I have also found that if you can get IUW to "see" the SD card, sometimes when you click the "browse" button to find the file you want to burn IUW throws an error and crashes.
I get around this by manually typing in the exact location of the file.

john_tartar

May 3, 2011
Make sure when you boot/reboot your computer that the card is not in the slot. I had the same problem with Windows XP and IUW not seeing the card. Once I deleted the partition IUW couldn't see the card and even after reboot it couldn't see the card. Once I rebooted without the card in the computer and then put it in IUW could now see the card.

Thank you, but It just does NOT work.
I'm using a USB adaptor that the SD card slides in to.

I've tried many combinations
Booting with nothing in, then pluggin in USB adapter with SD card.
Booting with USB adapter in, but no SD card in it, then plugging in SD card.

Nothing, IUW simply does not recognize the presence of any SD card under any circumstances.

Clearly IUW is programmed by idiots, are there any alternatives?

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
are there any alternatives?

Step 4a: Use a USB cable & OTG port - see this post.
"a" could be interpreted as "alternate"
$usb2mini.jpg
Left Connector(s) 1 x mini-USB Type A - male Right Connector(s) 1 x 4 pin USB Type A - male

Another option is to request a Return Authorization using the Digital Gadgets contact web form stating that "you are unable to update the device" using the "System Update" method described in their FAQ first Q.

Q: How to do I perform a System Update?
A: From the home screen, click on Settings then scroll down to Upgrade System and select Check Updating. The Tablet will then automatically update.

A third option is based on one of the original update methods, would be to have someone create the update sd card using IUW then using WinHex clone the Removable media and posting it so that it could be download and then using WinHex it the sd card could be cloned using the image.

Last edited:

Cat88Extreme

Mar 15, 2011
One other thought. I have had sd cards that fit loosely in the adapter card and unless I pushed in the on the back of the sd card it didn't make a proper connection. This is a real pain, but if this is the case you need to keep pressure on the back of the SD card the whole time you are using it.