[How To] Manually Update SYNET7LP/SYTABEX7 to Android 2.2 "Froyo"

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
Success, thanks a lot; the mini express works on the 11.2.6.20 beta 3 .bin; enjoying froyo 2.20; thanks a lot

charlesking

May 10, 2011
Have you tried reconnecting through otg again? If you can, I'd try to reflash with one of the other update files. I'm far from an expert, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

I have tried that several times but the device was not detected by PC.

charlesking

May 10, 2011
Sorry to read about your current situation. Can you confirm the "hwver" of the device identified in Step 1 of http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...date-synet7lp-sytabex7-android-2-2-froyo.html? Was it 11.2.1.8? It has been reported that loading 11.2.1.8 on another "hwver" device has bricked a device before. There haven't been any reports of the "hwver" for the Disgo version of the device so not a lot of information has been posted but back in post #27 there was some success.

I can't remember the "hwver". The first time I tried it, I downloaded and flashed the correct firmware successfully using the "hwver" I obtained from the device. This happened to be exactly the version that was originally on it. It was my second attempt using 11.2.1.8.2.1 that bricked the tab.

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
Ok, now after updating the calendar apk is not working; anybody has a clue on this?? my tablet is a minitablet expres without the hdmi, i already updated to froyo 2.20 with the 11.2.0.6.2 beta3; pls if someone knows anything regarding this new thing on my tablet, i'll appreciatte some info regarding this

Regards

Jv90

jkjr49

May 14, 2011
I have the SYTABEX7 and used the micro sd card method to flash to 2.2 using Windows 7x64. Everything worked and the tablet is much better. The touch screen seems to be more accurate and there is less "lag". The only issue I have is trying to load drm books from the public library. The tablet will download the books but will not recognize them if they have drm protection.

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
Ok, the calendar now is working again, the thing is that when you try to sync with gsync yhe calendar goes nutts, so dont try to sync it and you're all set, now anyone knows something regarding the wifi prob that sometimes wont connect it?m

jerrymk

May 11, 2011
Hi I had the same problem with DRM books using stock SYNET7LP running 2.2. I called Overdrive and they advised using the "dolphin" browser. I downloaded from slide me market place. I found that if I used dolphin to select and download the books they could then be read using overdrive. Hope this helps.
Jerrymk.

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
has anyone with an EX7 tried the newest: 11.2.1.5_beta3_final.ius yet?
i don't know when it popped up, but it is not the ius I flashed to my EX7.

gimp1955

Apr 13, 2011
has anyone with an EX7 tried the newest: 11.2.1.5_beta3_final.ius yet?
i don't know when it popped up, but it is not the ius I flashed to my EX7.

I saw where you posted this and im the type if its new im going to try it lol.
It installed fine and right off the bat it looked different. It gave me the start screen with the time at the top and a slide lock at the bottom that i never had before. Ive had this tab for almost a month and was going to return it but after this last update it is doing great. I removed the phone apks and a few others. The keyboard seems quicker. I havent had to bother updating the wifi it stays connected now where before it would go off often.
My daughter bought a Huawei at BB for $250 and was suprised at the Sylvania for $99.

Sent from my p7901a using Tapatalk

john_tartar

May 3, 2011
OK, I installed this one: http://222.73.93.45/update/11.2.1.5/11.2.1.5_beta3_fina2.ius
Mine is the $99 CVS tablet EX7

Seems to be OK, added a silly screen with the time, and a "slide" which shows on power up and power down. Though Power down seems to work more properly now.

Android version is listed as DG 2.20 (Same as before)
Kernal Version 2.6.32.9 (not sure if it's the same or not)
Hardware ID 11.2.1.5
Model Number STNET7LP (Same as before and wrong)

Internal Device Storage, Available space = 0.90GB

I installed Amazon App Market from my SD card.
The downloaded angry birds, which runs fine.
Installed Wifi Analyzer app from SD card, works fine

--Still get the digital noise across the upper part of the screen from time to time, mainly when installing APPs (this is indicative of a memory addressing error, "C" doesn't check memory limits, lazy programmers have this problem.)

--Same error with upper toolbar in portrait mode, <== button cut off (Changed to 24HR clock helps
somewhat)
--Same ugly default Analog clock

++Power down routine works better.

++Wallpaper cropping error I had before seems ok now.

daddy_braddy

May 11, 2011
I have followed all of the directions
I found the hardware ver
downloaded the files
burned it to the sd card
placed it in the tablet while it was off
turned it on
The "Booting from SD..." message appears for like 5 secs, then changes to Take off SD and reboot.
I remove the sd and hit reset but when i turn it on it boots the same 2.02 it already had what step am i missing?

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
... what step am i missing?
Not missing any steps but from your description the microSD is messed up, meaning either you'll need to try burning the update to another SD card or burn via USB/OTG method and/or re-download the file and ensure it's not corrupt.

What's the "hwver" of your device? The 11.2.1.8 update files seem to have the most issues, however a newer version has just been identified (11.2.1.8.2.2.ius) that may actually work. Also noted above is a newer 11.2.1.5 that seems better than the previous version.

Last edited:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
It's returning: http://222.73.93.45/update/11.2.1.5/11.2.1.5_beta3_fina2.ius
Which looks different??? fina2 vs. final ??

I'm downloading it now.......... 62.1 MB

But it seems that http://222.73.93.45/update/11.2.1.5/11.2.1.5_beta3_final.ius
is also there, I downloaded that too, 64.4MB

Going to move the discussion regarding the analysis on the various versions of update files over to the http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/sylvania-tablets/13447-custom-sylvania-rom-development.html thread since in order to compare these update (*.ius) files they need to be split into the various images and then each of those needs to be unpacked/decompiled to compare the differences.

daddy_braddy

May 11, 2011
The "hwver" is hwver=11.2.0.6. The problem is I cant burn to the SD from my computer, the IUW doesn't recognize the card and windows will not allow me to delete any partitions from removable media....That and my son flushed the usb dongle down the toilet..Looks likeI'm waiting until I can get to another computer