How to mount NTFS drives (link to instructions inside; personally tested; WORKS!)

spexwood

May 11, 2011
I ran across this today and was quite shocked to learn that mounting NTFS drives IS possible on the Acer Iconia A500 (must be rooted) with the help of a simple apk file.

Follow the instructions in the following link. Seriously, it will only take you like 5 minutes at the most (depending on internet speed), unless your tablet isnt rooted; in which case you need to spend the extra time rooting first.
[Guide] NTFS HDD Support for Rooted Iconia Tab A500 - Android Forums

I have tested this and I can reassure you that it works, but your tablet MUST be rooted (I think I have stressed that enough, right?). The only minor annoyance is that you need to manually mount the NTFS drive before each use (as opposed to FAT32 drives automatically mounting themselves).

Personally, I recommend that if you dont need an NTFS drive (ex: you dont need to store files larger than 4GB) then use a FAT32 drive only because it is easier to mount. However, installing this apk will still be useful in case someone hands you a drive that is in NTFS format and you need to read it with your tablet. In other words, it can be a "just in case" thing.