How to Move Dragonvale Game from One Android Tablet to Another Android Tablet

Are you having problems moving dragonvale between tablets?

• yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes, but this is the solution

• it can't be done

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mgtraveler51

Dec 26, 2012
I have a Galaxy 10.1 P7510 that my grandson has the Dragonvale App on for using. He receivied a Galaxy 2 -7.0 for Christmas and I want to transfer all his app and "Critter" he bought to his pad. how do you move everything without losing all the Draqgons he has paid for?
Any and all help would be appreciated.

MG

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I would use the app MyBackup to backup the apps and data from one, then copy the backup file to the new tab and install MyBackup on the new tab and restore the apps.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I have no ideal what the app is, but I have no doubt if it's on the tablet I could move it to another tablet, the solution will require a lot of work, that I am not willing to invest.

basically you need to know where the app stores it's data, if on Internet you are out of luck, if on data partition or on sdcard you can back those up and restore them on new tablet.

first step would be to backup Galaxy 10.1 P7510 data, don't erase anything, this of coarse assumes both tablets are rooted.

now backup the Galaxy 2 -7.0 data.

these are called dumps, use adb and place them on your desktop, extract them and start going through the Galaxy 10.1 P7510 data dump, transfer anything related to the Dragonvale to Galaxy 2 -7.0 data dump, now restore the new data dump to Galaxy 2 -7.0, you would need to be in cw recovery mode to do this.

remove the micro sdcard from Galaxy 10.1 P7510 insert it in the Galaxy 2 -7.0 then boot the Galaxy 2 -7.0 start adb run logcat watch and see if any errors if the game is looking for a file logcat will tell you the location of the file.

if all goes well you are done. if logcat reports errors fix the errors, reboot continue until game is transfered.

Kerberos

Dec 5, 2012
All that being said, I'm thinking (and I might be wrong) that this app has "in app purchases" from what OP said... That his grandson doesn't want to loose the dragons he bought.... so that being said, I think the only way to get the game onto his grandson's new tablet is to add the tablet to his google play store as a device and install it that way.

I have no ideal what the app is, but I have no doubt if it's on the tablet I could move it to another tablet, the solution will require a lot of work, that I am not willing to invest.

basically you need to know where the app stores it's data, if on Internet you are out of luck, if on data partition or on sdcard you can back those up and restore them on new tablet.

first step would be to backup Galaxy 10.1 P7510 data, don't erase anything, this of coarse assumes both tablets are rooted.

now backup the Galaxy 2 -7.0 data.

these are called dumps, use adb and place them on your desktop, extract them and start going through the Galaxy 10.1 P7510 data dump, transfer anything related to the Dragonvale to Galaxy 2 -7.0 data dump, now restore the new data dump to Galaxy 2 -7.0, you would need to be in cw recovery mode to do this.

remove the micro sdcard from Galaxy 10.1 P7510 insert it in the Galaxy 2 -7.0 then boot the Galaxy 2 -7.0 start adb run logcat watch and see if any errors if the game is looking for a file logcat will tell you the location of the file.

if all goes well you are done. if logcat reports errors fix the errors, reboot continue until game is transfered.