How to Move MultiPicture Live Wallpaper App off the Home Screen?

Discussion in 'Acer Iconia Tab A500 Forum' started by Sgooter, May 5, 2012.

1. Sgooter

Sgooter Member

I recently installed the free MultiPicture Live Wallpaper app, which works OK. However, I can't figure out how to move it off my home screen; such as by adding into to my MultiMedia content shelf. This Wallpaper app also is not showing up in my group of installed apps nor as a widget. I assume it's running all the time while controlling my wallpaper image/s, but I would prefer to keep the home screen un-cluttered. Anyone have experience in managing this particular app?

Solved: It's a widget - found it on another widget screen. So I dragged it off the home screen, and it continues to run in the background.

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  2. Douvie

Douvie Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A500 & Sumsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Just remember too many widgets suck bandwidth.

3. Icebike

Icebike Senior Member

Widgets do not continue to run when they are not displayed. The essentially get put to sleep.

Wallpapers are meant to be controlled and selected via Settings / Display / Wallpapers / live-wall-papers.

Any wallpaper you downloaded that runs as a widget is probably up the wrong tree barking.

4. Sgooter

Sgooter Member

Thanks Icebike,
    I did not download a wallpaper. I have a large (2MB) photo that I wanted as my tab's wallpaper, but I was unable to properly adjust the size of the photo to match the size of the display screen; the tab kept wanting it significantly cropped. Per suggestions, I installed Multi-Picture Live Wallpaper to automatically re-size the photo to the display's screen size, and it works fine. The 2MB photo resides in my Gallery, and some off-screen widget (I guess) must be running because each time I turn on the tab or rotate it to vertical the photo takes a moment or two to appear on the screen; presumably it's being re-sized each time. I'm new to Android, so I'll be the first to admit it's been a constant and interesting learning experience so far.

5. Sgooter

Sgooter Member

Good point, Douvie, thanks.