How to Port From One Tablet to Another

Xander Romeo

Oct 18, 2014
thanks for add an topic for Philips Tablets, i am a Philips PI2010B 7inch tablet with Cortex A9 processor, at 1.2Ghz and 1GB RAM, with JB 4.2.2 , and trying to find some help to port some things from other tablets for this model. I like this tablet, but his major problem is the lower space, that is not enough to download extra OBB data to play games like Order and Chaos, or Asphalt 5...and other games that need like 1GB Extra space for data. I can provide almost all info`s about this tablet and a dumped boot and recovery.img, and recovery.fstab if needed, to help me extend the internal space to sd-ext. i`ve tryied link2sd and mounts2sd with no help, but might be and my mistake... i`m not sure...so that`s why i need some little help and guidance...

If it is possible i want to help with anything needed to port and a custom recovery for this model of tablet.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Xander Romeo, congratulations on your Philips tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets, and nice of you to offer help to anyone who needs it.

An external Micro SD Card (MSD) AKA TF Card is and always was intended as space to store your media files. Books, pictures, videos, movies, music files etc. are what you should be putting there. However, some apps are coded to allow their data to be stored on a MSD. Check the options for the app to see if that's the case for the app in question.