How to put downloaded apps from PC onto Nook-Color? - - Noob here :)

theinspirond

Mar 16, 2011
Hello, I am just wondering I have downloaded apps for android devices and am just confused as to how to get them on my nook-color! :confused:

xfeejayx

Feb 28, 2011
If you can't do it through Samba (which is awesome btw):

Put your card in an microsd to SD card adapter. Put it in your computer. Copy the .apk file onto the sd card. Stick the microSD back in your nook and mount it. Use a file explorer like Astro (downloaded from market) to get to the apk file, click on it, install it (you may need to go into settings at the home screen, then applications, and click on "allow apps from unkown source")

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011

Put your card in an microsd to SD card adapter. Put it in your computer. Copy the .apk file onto the sd card. Stick the microSD back in your nook and mount it. Use a file explorer like Astro (downloaded from market) to get to the apk file, click on it, install it (you may need to go into settings at the home screen, then applications, and click on "allow apps from unkown source")
I tend to :rolleyes:over-complicate:rolleyes: things sometimes.

theinspirond

Mar 16, 2011
hey guys, been away from the comp, i will def check out all your posts, thanks for taking the time to help out :) I am usually good with tech-related issues but I have never owned an android device till the nook :$ so it's all foreign to me lol sorry if i come across stupid :X
Also I tried the samba, dled it in the marketplace and set up a username + pw, got an ip on the screen typed it into my computer but nothing occurred

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Here is the trouble shooting page for Samba Fileshare https://sites.google.com/site/funkyfreshapps/. It has always worked for me so that's the best I can do on that end.

And you are welcome:cool: Just because you are a noob doesn't make you sound stupid. We were all new to Android once :confused:. I have found this to be the friendliest and easiest place to find answers to my NC questions.

Some of the :cool:coolest peeps:cool: on the web.

:)With that, Welcome to the Forum and again glad to be of help.:)

theinspirond

Mar 16, 2011

when I go into settings all i see are the Devise Settings (Device Info Wireless, Screen, Sounds, Time, Security, Keyboard) and then App settings ( Home, Shop, Social, Search )

no where do I see "allow apps from unkown source" ? :(

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Install Remote Desktop from Market.
Simpliest way to transfer single files from Pc to Nook or vice versa over WiFi.

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
Install Remote Desktop from Market.
Simpliest way to transfer single files from Pc to Nook or vice versa over WiFi.

Would you pls explain, step by step, how to do this with 'remote desktop'? Thx

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Would you pls explain, step by step, how to do this with 'remote desktop'? Thx

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App
After U install this at your device, U run the program.
Then only thing U need is to be sure that your device gets wifi internet from the same router that your pc is connected.
U go at your pc and U open a new internet window.There U put the link that Remote Desktop gives U.For example: 192.168.12.5:8080
Then it will ask U for password, which remote desktop gives U at your device.
U write the password and U are connected!! :) :)
U can now exchange files between pc and device! ;)