How to put Stock Recovery back on GTab

mandroid

Sep 9, 2010
Hey guys can you point me to a thread on how to put the stock recovery back on? I have searched but I am only finding how to nvflash and I can do that but it is not loading stock recovery.
Thanks,

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
all NVFLASH does is repartition and reformat the tablet. You have to pick an image file to load as part of the process, and that is where recovery comes in. The easiest way to do all of this is actually to NVFLASH with bekit's original NVFLASH files ([STICKY][ROM] nvflash FULL restore, using bekit's original image (Instructions) - xda-developers), then perform the standard OTA or pushed upgrade to 3588. When you do the 3588 upgrade it will overwrite the CWM recovery with the stock one.

Hope this helps.

diazkyubi

May 27, 2011
so question, i am in iraq and wifi isnt secure or worth a penny out of my pocket, I go back to my duty station in hawaii soon but i wanna flash this new honeycomb port, so lets say i use cwm to flash a stock rom, will that still overwrite the cwm or do i have to do it OTA style? help is appreciated!

~DiazKyubi~

rgc6789

Apr 8, 2011
It will put you on the stock recovery. I just did this yesterday. Make sure you wipe caches every step of the way when going to honey.

Sent from my Bottle of Smoke using Android Tablet Forum

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I followed the instructions to Bekit, but now I am stuck in a boot loop. Any suggestions?
Are you using the version linked in the post above? The catch with the older versions is they include the stock recovery, which doesn't leave you much choice but repeating the nvflash. Another option is to nvflash up to a newer version of the stock ROM...some of those have modified recovery options so you can boot into recovery, and at that point, you can do a data wipe. I think that will solve your boot loop issue.

Here are links to modified nvflash files with CWM recovery:

[RECOVERY] nvflash FULL restore, using either 1.1 or 1.2 based images - [G-TABLET] - SlateDroid.com

-Matt