How to remove preinstall apps from existing home page categories and replaced.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
to remove the app shortcuts from your homepage, press and hold until they "popup", then you can drg them to the trash,which will also appear. I DO NOT recommend uninstalling the preinstalled apps unless you know exactly what you are doing.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

prototype1958

Jan 2, 2012
You did not answer my question!. The question is how to alert stock apps preinstall and replaced with my selected programs. I choose not to hack system.

Martel

Nov 14, 2011
You did not answer my question!. The question is how to alert stock apps preinstall and replaced with my selected programs. I choose not to hack system.

Uhm, wow. I think he answered your question well, and gave you some good advice.

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
Well, he answered half your question. He told you how to remove the stock apps. To put your apps onto a home page, long press on the home page you selected and a pop up menu will allow you to select Widgets, apps or shortcuts.

Sent from my DROIDX running MIUI

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
The user manual for the VTAB is included on the tablet. It is listed as "User Manual" in the All Apps list.

Many of the pre-installed apps can not be removed completely if you are not rooted.

When you install new apps they will show up in the app list. You can use Google's Android market, the Amazon AppStore, or other sources for new apps. To use non google market apps you have to enable Unknown Sources under Settings->Applications.

Since you are not modding your VTAB you will want to use the categories feature of the built in launcher to organize apps that you want to use into useful groups.

With the default launcher you do get a pop up when you press and hold an icon in the app tray, and you can choose to "delete" (uninstall) apps this way.

If you want to use widgets with the default home launcher you must use the Widget Board (in the app tray) and then long press on an open spot to add the widget, you can not add shortcuts to the widget board - only widgets.

I have a VTAB screenshot gallery that has some annotated screenshots in it. You will have to browse through ti to find the ones that apply to your question, but there are a few that show some of the highlights of using the default launcher.

I find it a better experience to use an alternate launcher (Launcher pro, paid version). Some alternatives discussed here. An alternate launcher is just an app that replaces the default home launcher and really isn't modding in the sense that the word is normally used (as in rooting or changing system files).

FYI - for those who do not have a VATB the default launcher does not work like any other Android launcher I have seen - so many generic answers that normally apply do not work on the VTAB as it comes out of the box.

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
Sorry. I didn't realize that vizio jacked the launcher so far from the default way Android does it.

Sent from my DROIDX running MIUI

southsound

Dec 3, 2011
Umm, and no he answered your question exactly like your poor English asked.
Although you undoubtedly gave some good advice, I find it in poor taste - actually downright rude - to attack a person who may not possess the greatest of English skills. You might want to consider that the OP may not speak English as a first language. That doesn't mean that he/she is less intelligent or less deserving of respect than someone who writes perfect prose. I've traveled in many countries while working for a large software company and found that even ordering a simple meal in another language was challenging.

There is a wonderful concept called grace. It covers this and other situations pretty well. << chastisement complete>>