How to replace a broken screen m707-r

locohasa

Nov 24, 2010
I hope all who read find it useful but never have to use it. This is for the hiapad mid m701-r and this should work for similar.
I did it this way so I did not damage the frame when removing the glass.
Clear space and get all things ready
IMAG0066.jpg

Pick up corner first with blade or similar
IMAG0067.jpg

When up enough push thin plastic card between black plastic and frame
IMAG0068.jpg

Push in and work your way around leave left side of home button till last
IMAG0069.jpg

Make sure all black sides are unstuck from frame
IMAG0070.jpg

Glass removed, pull cable out, mine came out really easy
IMAG0071.jpg

Scrape access glue off frame with card
IMAG0072.jpg

Some times you can get a good bit and pull it right off, make sure its all removed
IMAG0073.jpg

Use a pleck and seperate frame from back casing
IMAG0074.jpg

Use a magic blue tool or other to pop small clips from frame about 4 each side 2 top n bottom
IMAG0075.jpg

Work all the way around
IMAG0076.jpg

Wahey all done good job
IMAG0077.jpg

Now all you need to do is put new screen onto frame, usually screen has sticky strips around edge just peel away backing and stick firmly ensuring cable is through slot and out of the way. Then connect cable and clip frame back together.
Once complete run fingers down black edge to ensure it stuck well and frame is clipped properly and enjoy.

Also I believe the wifi antenna could well be improved it just sticky copper tape with backing paper still on, any ideas. See pic below
IMAG0081.jpg

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
Thanks for posting those awesome pics, but yowch!
I'm sorry your tablet screen broke at all.

Sent from my Haipad M701-R using Android Tablet Forum App

boettli

Jan 2, 2011
I just broke my screen yesterday, I have followed your removal instructions, but I don't know how to get a replacement. I live in the Southeastern U.S. Any help?

locohasa

Nov 24, 2010
You could try emailing the person you purchased it from and they may be able to send you one. If not I have one left if you need and I could send to you I will work out a price with delivery for you if you want. it will work out slightly more than you will pay for from china direct as I have already paid uk duty on this but will mark item as a gift for you to prevent this happening to you. I estimate 60$ usd.

Stu_123456

Jan 5, 2011
Hi, I am also in need of a replacement lcd and screen - do you still have the spare one (I'm in UK) - if not do you have the contact details for a replacement- help much appreciated - only just received tablet:(

williamfb

Jan 5, 2011
Please where did you get the replacement from ?
My girlfriend got me one for Christmas, had it for 2 weeks & dropped it. (just as I finally had it setup how I wanted it grrr)
contacted the seller would only give £40 off new device. (I suspect they would send back as damaged in transit)
I've tried everywhere & no one's got back to me yet TIA

williamfb

Jan 5, 2011
Thanks Offworld, but Pandawill was one of the first places I looked.
They have one for G10 but they tell me it won't fit. They are going to
contact their supplier for cost and or availability but they can't promise
anything after all I didn't buy it from them...

locohasa how much is the one you have & how could we arrange sale ?
I don't know where you're located but I'm working in London at the moment
and live in Norfolk if it's any help ?

locohasa

Nov 24, 2010
Hi williamfb the cost is £35 including secure postage delivery. It is probably slightly more than you would pay but I was charged import tax on this. You can pay with paypal PM for details and your delivery address. This works and fits the m701-r ok cheers

saschab

Dec 3, 2010
Hello,
today i also broke my screen and need a new one. I`m really interested where to buy for M701-R.

djstomp

Jan 5, 2011
yesterday my tablet broke the screen i put this together with the notebook and it crashed...:( please tell me when i can buy another one!...thanks for the support

Aldemar