How to Restore 7042, 8042, 9742 Dump

Lannig

Mar 26, 2012
Has anyone ever considered building a bootable SD card that will boot into CMW recovery?
From several articles I've read on the Allwinner A10 boot process, this seems feasible. There even are pre-built u-boot binaries for this.
I'll dig into this on my spare time and report my progress, if any, here.
It would help in case of a bricked tablet, although if the internal flash still "looks" bootable (signature) to the BROM there won't be any attempt to boot from the SD. That could be a major problem.
it's unclear to me whether the FEL boot key combination used to trigger Livesuit can be used to boot from an USB drive as well or not. In such a case it would be a better approach than the SD.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
OK after rereading your post, I am interested post your findings.

Last edited:

jailuis

Aug 8, 2012
Hey, can anyone post the codes to MOUNT using adb shell? I cant seem to get it and since half my screen went black.. I cant manage it through my tablet. Any help would be appreciated.

NOTE:
For format, Vampirefo said this would work:
adb shell
rm -r /system/*
rm -r /cache/*
rm -r /data/*

But then, how can I mount? Im getting Location not found when I try to access SDCard

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hey, can anyone post the codes to MOUNT using adb shell? I cant seem to get it and since half my screen went black.. I cant manage it through my tablet. Any help would be appreciated.

NOTE:
For format, Vampirefo said this would work:
adb shell
rm -r /system/*
rm -r /cache/*
rm -r /data/*

But then, how can I mount? Im getting Location not found when I try to access SDCard

what are you trying to do? and why is your screen black? you know you must be in recovery before you can install a backup? I doubt a backup will fix your problem.

anyway to manual mount via adb shell

adb shell

mount -t ext4 dev/block/nandd /system

mount -t ext4 /dev/block/nande /data

cache is already mounted in recovery.

jailuis

Aug 8, 2012
Im not trying to fix my screen XD Im using it to unroot since It should work... Im giving them back, this should do, and Thanks a lot for the info :) Helpful as ever.

BTW: My screen is black for no reason.. half my screen just went black -_- im Pissed as hell x)... But what can I do?

EDIT: When trying to RM DATA, it states that there's no such directory... Then, when I try to cp, it says no such file or directory... :/

Last edited:

toiin3ron

Jul 4, 2012
Hello, first of all thanks for the tutorial, I tried on a A13 SoC based tablet, the steps appear to have been successful but on restart does not boot stays in the manufacturer's image.

There will be another way to restore the original FW. Sorry for the English of Google

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hello, first of all thanks for the tutorial, I tried on a A13 SoC based tablet, the steps appear to have been successful but on restart does not boot stays in the manufacturer's image.

There will be another way to restore the original FW. Sorry for the English of Google

if you have backups and cwm recovery you should be able to restore.

toiin3ron

Jul 4, 2012
if you have backups and cwm recovery you should be able to restore.

It should work, I followed the guide step by step and it seems that it worked, but after restarting gets stuck, not even load the bootanimation.

How I can restore with CWM FW?

Sorry for so many questions, I was not a newbie with this

Enviado desde mi Galaxy Nexus usando Tapatalk 2

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
It should work, I followed the guide step by step and it seems that it worked, but after restarting gets stuck, not even load the bootanimation.

How I can restore with CWM FW?

Sorry for so many questions, I was not a newbie with this

Enviado desde mi Galaxy Nexus usando Tapatalk 2
Sounds like permission problem, try wipe factory reset in cw recovery, then mount system and verify
Your system is installed. If that doesn't work made a installable cw recovery zip.

toiin3ron

Jul 4, 2012
Sounds like permission problem, try wipe factory reset in cw recovery, then mount system and verify
Your system is installed. If that doesn't work made a installable cw recovery zip.

We tried again with the Factory Wipe (IN ADB SHELL put CD / system / app to test, but says this: can not cd to / system / app), but still does not work, spend all day looking for how to make the zip for CWM ... But without success, I'm stuck with UPDATER-SCRIPT.

I'm using this: UPDATER-SCRIPT as a guide, but not to do with symblink and backuptool.sh.

Know of any specific tutorial or you could help, I and many other owners of this tablet will be very grateful.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
We tried again with the Factory Wipe (IN ADB SHELL put CD / system / app to test, but says this: can not cd to / system / app), but still does not work, spend all day looking for how to make the zip for CWM ... But without success, I'm stuck with UPDATER-SCRIPT.

I'm using this: UPDATER-SCRIPT as a guide, but not to do with symblink and backuptool.sh.

Know of any specific tutorial or you could help, I and many other owners of this tablet will be very grateful.

download any of my roms, and use update script from it.

here

http://pastebin.com/RWByWcwg

Last edited:

TheHasselhoff

Aug 30, 2012
Hi! I am stuck in the same place with my MID9742 - followed the directions exactly, and it gets stuck at the inital Coby screen. I did a wipe/factory reset, no effect. (Also redid the directions a second time, no effect.) I am completely at a loss regarding what you mean by "make an installable cw recovery zip". I downloaded the updater-script you linked to as a text file, but I have no idea how to proceed from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hi! I am stuck in the same place with my MID9742 - followed the directions exactly, and it gets stuck at the inital Coby screen. I did a wipe/factory reset, no effect. (Also redid the directions a second time, no effect.) I am completely at a loss regarding what you mean by "make an installable cw recovery zip". I downloaded the updater-script you linked to as a text file, but I have no idea how to proceed from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

read first post again, I have added a permissions.zip that should fix your problem, it seems some users have piped their system rather than just backing them up, so system permissions are lost.

toiin3ron

Jul 4, 2012
Hello again, I have a question, is there any way to restore the bootloader? I installed a livesuit image, but not correspond to my tablet and some things like the accelerometer and camera do not work, try to restore the FW DUMP with the zip you helped me to do, but still do not work, so I think that the problem is the bootloader.

I tried adding it to restore the zip and put this line in the UPDATE-SCRIPT:
Code:
package_extract_file ("bootloader.img", "/ dev / block / nanda");

But it gets stuck in the logo, and seems not to load the boot.

Then try doing a img for livesuit, but the result was the same.

Is there any way to repair my tablet? Thank you.