How to restore bricked Asus MemoPad 10 with a bootable microSD-card?

Sympathy

Dec 11, 2014
Hi all,

How do I restore bricked Asus MemoPad 10 with a bootable microSD-card?

I can't boot in recovery mode anymore with powerbutton and volume +, cause it shows a dead android with a triangle!

The only solution to recover is with a bootable microSD-card.

I have the official firmware named 'UL-K00F-WW-3.9.0.82-user.zip' and I also have a full backup copy from the adb backup command.

I know there is a tool named Rockchip SD Firmware Tool v1.43 with SDBoot, but how do I create a working update.img ?

Any instructions and solutions is welcome to restore the bricked tablet.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Do not try the Rocketchip tool, the Memo does not have that chip. Extract only the first zip file to the root of a FAT32 formatted microSD card and restart

Dilandkl

Jan 28, 2015
Hi all,

How do I restore bricked Asus MemoPad 10 with a bootable microSD-card?

I can't boot in recovery mode anymore with powerbutton and volume +, cause it shows a dead android with a triangle!

The only solution to recover is with a bootable microSD-card.

I have the official firmware named 'UL-K00F-WW-3.9.0.82-user.zip' and I also have a full backup copy from the adb backup command.

I know there is a tool named Rockchip SD Firmware Tool v1.43 with SDBoot, but how do I create a working update.img ?

Any instructions and solutions is welcome to restore the bricked tablet.

Dude, where exactly did u download the firmwares from? Cause I need the firmware for my Asus HD7
ME173x

Willie Wortel

Mar 3, 2015
Hello,

I don't know if you're still busy with this device.
I'm quiet a noob, but im trying to get Ubuntu touch on this device.

The dead Android with the red sqaure isn't really dead.
It's not impossible to get the menu, you need to press the "volume up" and "power on button" many ( really many) times and there doesn't ins't a correct order. ( I think)

The tricky part is to pay attention, while I was wondering off during this button bashing, the menu showed up and I was still pressing the buttons. Bit unhandy...

Hope this helps, Let me know.