How to Root a Coby Kyros MID7016

tmcconechy

Jul 26, 2011
Hi All,
Can anyone give me any advice on how to root a coby kyros MID7016? I tried these steps:

Coby Kyros MID7015 Android Tablet

But running the z4root utility it just shuts down in the middle and does not complete.

Anyone successfully do this and have it documented?

tmcconechy

Jul 26, 2011
Thanks for the reply. But i am still having problems seems to not be installing the drivers or I do not know which ones to use...

a) in device manager its showing as a Androrid Gingerbread device and drivers I try from the sdk\extras\google\usb_driver folder and from some download for TCC ADB DRIVER 32 I found do not contain information about my device?

Do you know where to get the TCC ADB DRIVER's you speak of?

danilo

Aug 5, 2011
After days trying to find a way to root the Coby Kyros 7016, I've finally found a way to install the market!
Neither z4root nor gingerbreak worked with it. I don't think there's a way to root it, at least not now.
But you can install the market (which I guess is the main objective, at least mine was) in a very simple way.
Download the file using the following link Market.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download.
Put them into your tablet.
Open APK Installer and install all of them in this order: OneTimeInitializer.apk, SetupWizard.apk, GoogleServicesFramework.apk and Vending.apk.
Turn your tablet off and turn it on again.
A window saying "Complete action using" will appear, mark "Use by default" and choose the "Launcher".
I hope it helps! :)

PS: I've heard it works also on the MID7020.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
It wouldn't surprise me if Coby did something to the firmware to block rooting. They locked the 7015a down pretty well as I recall and it took some time to find a successful rooting method. They may be afraid of Google coming after them.

virtuasian

Aug 10, 2011
Danilo,

would it work on the MID 7022? I like the multi capacitative multitouch screen vs. single touch screen of the MID 7016.

thedjango

Aug 8, 2011
I trying rooting with adb and superoneclick but nothing too. :'(

*Sorry the bad English!

Last edited:

fun

Aug 19, 2010
on most telechips tablets rooting is easy. install clockworkmod, make backup, then install su/superuser zip with clockworkdmod.

you can get necessary files and procedure from here
Telechips custom firmwares | androtab.info
and here
Superuser

on most telechips tablets there is no protection to write image to NAND flash. no need to hustle with rooting app.

Last edited:

mandmhatch2

Aug 26, 2010
on most telechips tablets rooting is easy. install clockworkmod, make backup, then install su/superuser zip with clockworkdmod.

you can get necessary files from here
Telechips custom firmwares | androtab.info
and here
Superuser

on most telechips tablets there is no protection to write image to NAND flash. no need to hustle with rooting app.

Can you send me the step by step instructions on how to do this?
I am new to the Android tablets.

fun

Aug 19, 2010
Can you send me the step by step instructions on how to do this?
I am new to the Android tablets.

did you read my site?

anyway, I don't recommend to do rooting for beginner. it may brick your tablet and need knowledge/experience to unbrick.

Aug 24, 2011
Danilo,

I followed all your steps and it worked I did get the android market to appear, but when I open it and try to download any app the market force closes on me everytime... :( help plz