How to root a Kyros 7127/8127 with Android 4.0.3 ?

piratesscareme

Aug 15, 2011
This might work....

Use fastboot mode to flash KTZ recovery links here(i couldn't find a CWM recovery anywhere. If you know of one I would use the CWM version.):

7127- Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

8127- I am not able to find the file right now. maybe you guys know where a custom recovery is.

After useing fastboot and flashing recovery immediately reboot and enter recovery(do not let the tablet boot to system.)

make backup

Then in recovery flash this file made by jcase on xda: jcase_rootme.zip

It should put superuser on your system and give you root. It should also prevent the system from overwriting your recovery.

Let me know if this works.

Elite

May 11, 2012
Ok finally i got my 8127 with installed 4.0.3 rooted!

My procedure was:

1) Installing Recovery.apk
2) Using Recovery.apk to install CWM 4.x.x.x

After that all is possible (Installing Superuser/su, Google Apps etc...)

The problem was that it was not possible to use fastboot to install CWM, i have no clue why...

Thanks for your ideas and support.
Have a nice time...

TimeOver

May 19, 2012

My procedure was:

The problem was that it was not possible to use fastboot to install CWM, i have no clue why...

Have a nice time...

What is this "Recovery.apk"? Where can I get it and how does it root your tablet?

Greetings

Time-Over

tranceyard

Mar 12, 2012

My procedure was:

Have a nice time...

CWM 4.x.x.x?? where can i found it?

Elite

May 11, 2012
- Rekovery.apk is a small tool which allows to flash recovery images from within main OS
- CWM 4.x.x.x is ClockWorkMod 4.x.x.x which is a recovery usable for this tabled.

The rooting itself is done from within CWM by installing the Superuser application with its su binary...

Search the forums for the tools/software.
I am sick of all these links without version number and proven source. I will not increase this entropy :)

tranceyard

Mar 12, 2012
thanks Elite

It`s working.

Android 4.03 with CWM, recovery done, rooted and with google apps.

Testing the functions. First look...uau

P.s Do you have the CWM recovery for android 2.3.3?? can you make the upload?

Last edited:

xsirxx

May 22, 2012
- Rekovery.apk is a small tool which allows to flash recovery images from within main OS
- CWM 4.x.x.x is ClockWorkMod 4.x.x.x which is a recovery usable for this tabled.

The rooting itself is done from within CWM by installing the Superuser application with its su binary...

Search the forums for the tools/software.
I am sick of all these links without version number and proven source. I will not increase this entropy :)

I appreciate that advice Elite, but Ive searched the forums and cannot find Rekovery.apk or Recovery.apk anywhere. Also I was pretty sure there was no way to flash an image from within android without root access already? But this is exactly what I need because I have no way of booting into Recovery or deleting the recovery install script. So if this is true please link me to the file.

Thanks!

tranceyard

Mar 12, 2012
I appreciate that advice Elite, but Ive searched the forums and cannot find Rekovery.apk or Recovery.apk anywhere. Also I was pretty sure there was no way to flash an image from within android without root access already? But this is exactly what I need because I have no way of booting into Recovery or deleting the recovery install script. So if this is true please link me to the file.

Thanks!

Uploading all that you need in mediafire
http://www.mediafire.com/?h0j03y5n3fm6bgc

Last edited:

skazm

May 22, 2012
whoa! do you think this will work for the 7033? I've been trying to find a solution all day! I downloaded the file above. If someone wants to idiot proof it for me that would be awesome.

Please tell me exactly what I need to do .

Last edited:

xsirxx

May 22, 2012

Thanks!

IT WORKED! w00t! Thanks much appreciate it!

xsirxx

May 22, 2012
whoa! do you think this will work for the 7033? I've been trying to find a solution all day! I downloaded the file above. If someone wants to idiot proof it for me that would be awesome.

Please tell me exactly what I need to do .

I can give you some quick steps for now, but I dont have the time to go full in depth.

1. Goto the german site and follow the original instructions for installing ICS.
2. Download traceyard's pack and unzip it to your harddrive.
3. adb install RecoveryTool.apk
4. copy Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip, gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip to your sdcard on your tablet.
5. run the recovery tool on the tablet and select Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip. Reboot...
6. fastboot recovery Recovery-V5.img, Reboot...
7. run the recovery tool on the tablet and select Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip. Reboot...

good to go!

skazm

May 22, 2012
ok I think I need to wait until you have more time because

. don't need the ICS - this is a newer tablet... it's already 4.0.3 - that's why I'm afraid it won't work....

my device isnt' found in Terminal and there is nowhere to download drivers, so I'm not sure what to do now... it was in debug mode... unless it turned it off again

bla

Last edited:

xsirxx

May 22, 2012
ok I think I need to wait until you have more time because

. don't need the ICS - this is a newer tablet... it's already 4.0.3 - that's why I'm afraid it won't work....

my device isnt' found in Terminal and there is nowhere to download drivers, so I'm not sure what to do now... it was in debug mode... unless it turned it off again

bla

Ohh ok didnt know that.

1. copy Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip, gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip to your sdcard on your tablet.
2. Put the RecoveryTool.apk file on your sdcard, then install it on the tablet with a filemanager. Also note you have to allow apps to install from outside sources.
3. run the recovery tool on the tablet and select Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip. Let it self reboot...
4. run the recovery tool on the tablet and select gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip. Let it self reboot...

That will root it, then you just need to install clockwork mod somehow if you want that. If you dont care about clockwork then dont worry about it, your rooted and ready to go...

tranceyard

Mar 12, 2012
update:::: :)

I have Vi30 Deluxe with ICS 4.0.3 and now with the new google play (market) some apps are not available, e.g. facebook and angry birds
Anyone seeing the issue ? any fixes ?

EDIT:
I was able to fix this as follows (appreciate if you put that in your next release)

1. Backup /system/etc/permissions (just take a copy with ES file explorer)
2. Extract the attached zip Attached File xmlfiles.zip (2.93K)
Number of downloads: 933 and copy its content in /system/etc/permissions
3. Make sure the file permission are rw-r-r (with ES file explorer, long tap then properties)
4. Go to settings->apps and tap Google Play
5. Click on Clear data
6. Reboot tablet
7. Open market and accept license

Now you can have angry birds and facebook

Note: This fix doesn't modify any hardware configuration on the tablet and it should work on any ICS tablet independent on the processor, so if you have problems with you tablet hardware; kindly do not post it here.

Working in coby 8127 tested by me.

Source:Slatedroid

nirdybirds

May 25, 2012
Ohh ok didnt know that.

1. copy Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip, gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip to your sdcard on your tablet.
2. Put the RecoveryTool.apk file on your sdcard, then install it on the tablet with a filemanager. Also note you have to allow apps to install from outside sources.
3. run the recovery tool on the tablet and select Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip. Let it self reboot...
4. run the recovery tool on the tablet and select gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip. Let it self reboot...

That will root it, then you just need to install clockwork mod somehow if you want that. If you dont care about clockwork then dont worry about it, your rooted and ready to go...

Hi xsirxx,

My situation is the same as skazm's. I have the same tablet with the same version of ICS. I followed your instructions above, but the Recovery Tool won't open the zip files. Any advice?