How to root a Kyros 7127/8127 with Android 4.0.3 ?

tranceyard

Mar 12, 2012
Hi xsirxx,

My situation is the same as skazm's. I have the same tablet with the same version of ICS. I followed your instructions above, but the Recovery Tool won't open the zip files. Any advice?

When i instaled 4.0.3 i had to pass the same problem.

Only by CWM i was able to install gapps and superuser

xsirxx

May 22, 2012
When i instaled 4.0.3 i had to pass the same problem.

Only by CWM i was able to install gapps and superuser

So did you use a CWM update package? How were you able to boot into CWM? The problem is that it has a script that is ran every bootup that removes CWM and flashes its own recovery. I was able to just install the Recovery.apk and then run it with the root update zip. Once I did that, the recovery reinstall script is removed and CWM holds on. Did you reboot or anything? I had the same issue, then I rebooted and i was fine...

tranceyard

Mar 12, 2012
1 instal CWM by fasboot comand - fastboot boot (recovery-V5.img) -----»in my case.
Tablet rebot in CWM- instal superuser - update by zip

2 Same thing for install gaps

Im my case work is done in this way.

vinay_rb

Apr 4, 2012
I tried following the Coby Germany instructions, the Upgrade Android APK got downloaded and installed, on running the Upgrade application I noticed that a Cob 8127...seed.zip file got downloaded on the SD Card. Upon restart when the installation begins, I am seeing the Android with an Exclamation mark and the tablet freezes. I have to use the reset button to restart the tablet, the Android ver. is still 2.3.3. Is anyone else facing this problem? I will appreciate any info/help?

mixone

Mar 9, 2012
Can someone try to add 3G settings to 8127 with ICS?
Or if want to make a update file with 3G ?

Bigtech313

Jun 16, 2012
i installed the german update loaded no problem but touchscreen and rotation is offset anybody else have this problem