How To Root Generation 4 Tablets?

kgblaster

Mar 7, 2013
Hi Guys,

My tablet is MID7060 and a have 2 questions:

1 - Where i found ADB drivers for this tablet?
2 - If this > (root with restore Bin4ry_v18) method works in this tablet?

I will appreciate your help.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
1. You can likely use the ADB drivers located in the Generation 3 forums. If push comes to shove, you should be able to get a working set of drivers by installing PDANet.
2. You'll have to try it and let us know. Like Vampirefo, I don't have one of these tablets.

Gumby68

Dec 26, 2011
If someone could lend a hand, I'm trying to figure out my 7065. I am trying to get it rooted using Virtualbox. If someone can also explain how I can access my recovery, system and boot images without root we may be in business with mine. I do play well with others obtw.

admsjas

Mar 30, 2013
i have a mid7065 i'm trying to root as well. when i searched for updates it said there was a t1_firstupdate available but when i try to run it, the device reboots, starts the process and fails. anyone else having this issue?

okidave

Apr 1, 2013
Hi Guys,

My tablet is MID7060 and a have 2 questions:

1 - Where i found ADB drivers for this tablet?
2 - If this > (root with restore Bin4ry_v18) method works in this tablet?

I will appreciate your help.
Install the USB driver from the Android SDK, add the path in your environment variables: C:\[directory where the usb drivers are located]. Find the vendor ID from USBDeview (mine was 16d5 yours should be the same). Then go to C:\Users\[your user name]\.android and find the file: adb_usb.ini open it in notepad and add your vendor id with as 0xYYYY (YYYY being your vendor id, ex. I added 0x16d5), then save it. Connect your tablet, make sure USB Debugging under "settings-developer options" is checked. Open the CMD prompt and type adb devices, your tablet should be listed. I finally rooted my MID7060 4GB (after trying everything else suggested) using Downloady---UnlockRoot/UnlockPhone/UnlockRom---Android Root Has anyone with a Generation 4 installed CWM? If so, what version and how to install it.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Install the USB driver from the Android SDK, add the path in your environment variables: C:\[directory where the usb drivers are located]. Find the vendor ID from USBDeview (mine was 16d5 yours should be the same). Then go to C:\Users\[your user name]\.android and find the file: adb_usb.ini open it in notepad and add your vendor id with as 0xYYYY (YYYY being your vendor id, ex. I added 0x16d5), then save it. Connect your tablet, make sure USB Debugging under "settings-developer options" is checked. Open the CMD prompt and type adb devices, your tablet should be listed. I finally rooted my MID7060 4GB (after trying everything else suggested) using Downloady---UnlockRoot/UnlockPhone/UnlockRom---Android Root Has anyone with a Generation 4 installed CWM? If so, what version and how to install it.

I doubt there are any recoveries for the Coby gen 4, I am still waiting for Coby to either repair my 7042 or send me a 7042 or 7065 as a replacement. I most likely wont release recoveries for these models at first I was thinking about it, but have since decided not too.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Well, Coby has went a different direction than I thought they would, instead of sending me a 7065, they sent me a 9740 as a replacement for my 7042. I admit the 9740 is a better replacement than the 7065, just got the 9740 today, I am very happy with the exchange a 7042 for a 9740 is a great deal form me. I rooted the 9740 and dumped the tablet, so I can work on it.

I am bidding on a used 7065, hopefully I can get it.

May 21, 2013
I'm interested in seeing what you come up with Vampire. I'm trying to root the 7051 I got and I'm having trouble with it. Perhaps some of your success with the 7065 may help with my 7051.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I'm interested in seeing what you come up with Vampire. I'm trying to root the 7051 I got and I'm having trouble with it. Perhaps some of your success with the 7065 may help with my 7051.

It might, perhaps same method will work on both.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Ok got my 7065 today, it works great exactly as describe best $26 I have spent so far Love ebay. LOL the tablet cost $15 the shipping was $11. Anyway rooted tablet with no problem I am currently making a dump will upload dump.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011