How to Save Downloaded File

Deandec

Nov 25, 2011
I am using File Manager apk to manage my VTAB files.

I needed to download a file from Sygic to facilitate the operation of that program.

The file downloaded ok.

Now I need to save it in a specific folder, which I can locate using File Manager.

How do I save that downloaded file in the specific folder?

There seems to be no fluid way in either the downloaded page or in File manager to save the file to a specific folder.

BTW, I know next to nothing about Android.

Thanks for any help.

Deandec

Nov 25, 2011
Thank you. Next step is locating the downloaded file in File Manager but I should be able to accomplish that step.

This Android stuff is quite the learning experience.....

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Deandec said:
Thank you. Next step is locating the downloaded file in File Manager but I should be able to accomplish that step.

This Android stuff is quite the learning experience.....

The files should simply be on the Download folder on the internal SD. You might consider an app like ES File Explorer, which is free and.allows you to easily move multiple files with the 'move to' or 'copy to' command. Makes file management quite easy, and also allows you to.move/copy files to and.from cloud services like box.net and dropbox. Saves from having to use their dedicated apps.

Deandec

Nov 25, 2011
Ok, well I switched to Astro and got rid of File Manager.

Then I was able to move the downloaded file to the proper folder. Astro has a manual that describes things for simple people like me.

Unfortunately, the recommended downloaded fix was unsuccessful, but I learned a bit more about using my Tablet.

Thanks to all.

Nimble1

Sep 25, 2011
OK...I have the reverse question...I have a number of PDF files in my Download folder and need to delete them..i know there is a way but need an idea how.

Deandec

Nov 25, 2011
I think in Astro (file manager apk) you just press long on the icon and a menu opens that includes a delete option. Maybe your File Manager does something similar?