how to save pictures from web browser

richk2

Mar 9, 2011
I have a rooted nook color. Everytime I try to save a picture or any other file from the internet, I get to a download history folder which says "Cannot finish download. There is not enough space...." I do not have much of anything loaded on my nook so it can't be out of space. I have read a number of postings about this but the only suggested solution of clearing cache doesn't work. Is there any fix for this?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Okay...couple of questions

What browser are you using?

Where is it downloading the file?

After rooting your NC, did you format the sdcard while in the NC to restore the proper partition for the size of the card?

richk2

Mar 9, 2011
I did format in the NC to restore partition size. I have dolphin hd that is giving me that specific error message - won't work in stock browser either although it just says it won't download.
However, after posting this I tried downloading dolphin mini for different reasons and for some reason I can download in that browser so I guess that's a work around to solve problem. Thanks for your reply

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
It is really bizarre though...I use Dolphin HD all the time and never had a download error message.

richk2

Mar 9, 2011
It is really bizarre though...I use Dolphin HD all the time and never had a download error message.
figured it out from the fact that mini download directory had a different name - download directory in dolphin hd was a non-existent file with a /mnt/sd in front of the name, took out the /mnt and it downloads fine now
dont know how to change the download directory in the stock browser but dont use it that often so ok