How to Sync iTunes Music, Videos with Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Discussion in 'Pavtube Software Studio' started by PavtubeVideo, Dec 4, 2012.

1. PavtubeVideo

PavtubeVideo Junior Member

This article will show you how to get music, movies or TV-shows purchased from iTunes to Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for smoothly playing.

Q: I just bought a new Galaxy Note II and I am wondering if I could play music files I purchased on iTunes on my Note? I have searched around the internet but I haven't got a specific answer to this question. Besides, the movies and TV-shows I have purchased on iTunes will be playable on my Galaxy Note 2?

A: Before answering your question, keep in mind that the Android powered Galaxy Note 2 can not play any iTunes purchases with Apple Digital Rights Management (FairPlay DRM). However, all iTunes songs (at least in the US) will be DRM-free in steps since April 7, 2009. From my experience, if the song isn't copy protected it should play. For the little copyrighted iTunes songs, in .m4p format, you can upgrade these songs to DRM-free files for US$0.30/song or use DRM removal software to strip DRM from them.

For iTunes videos, if they are video podcasts from iTunes, you can play them on your Note 2 without any problem. But if they are Movies, TV-shows or Music videos which you purchased directly through iTunes store, they are all with DRM protection. DRM can not stop you transferring iTunes video purchases to Galaxy Note 2, but the videos will say "this file is not supported" or "this video can't be played" when you play these iTunes movies/TV shows on Galaxy Note 2.

In order to play iTunes video files on Galaxy Note 2, you have to remove DRM from iTunes movies and convert iTunes M4V files to Galaxy Note 2 compatible video formats(MP4 with H.264 video codec is highly recommended). To get the work done, a DRM Removal software is needed. If you're looking for ease-to-use, just check out Pavtube's ChewTune, which is an intuitive and stable DRM converter to help you remove DRM protection from iTunes, Amazon, Zune, BBC iPlayer, Napster, Blockbuster, etc. and convert videos to all popular video formats like MP4, MOV, MKV, WMV, AVI, FLV, etc. for playing and sharing anywhere you like. Meanwhile the playback of the converted videos is as decent as possible as original. The equivalent Mac version is the ChewTune Mac, which can convert and transfer iTunes movies to Galaxy Note 2 on Mac OS X. Free download the right version and enjoy your iTunes M4V movies on Galaxy Note 2 without any hassle!

Download iTunes to Galaxy Note Converter:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Convert, Transfer and Play iTunes movies on Samsung Galaxy Note 2

The quick start guide below uses ChewTune Windows screenshots. The way to encoding iTunes M4V to Galaxy Note 2 on Mac is almost the same. Just make sure you get the right version according to your computer operating system.

Step 1: Add iTunes movies to the software. Launch the DRM converter and click "Add Video" "Add Folder" to load the iTunes video files to the program for converting. You can also simply drag and drop media files to the source pane to add. Batch conversion is supported so that you can add multiple files.

[​IMG]

Step 2: Select Output format. Click “Format” bar, you can get the optimized videos for Galaxy Note 2 under Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Note(*.mp4). The output videos could fit on your device perfectly.

[​IMG]

Tip:

If you like, you can click "Settings" to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. as you wish. According to my experience, for watching videos on Samsung Galaxy Note or Note 2, 720p with 1000~2000kbps is just all right. I found bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss, and vice versa.

[​IMG]

Step 3: After above steps, just click "Convert" to start removing iTunes m4v DRM protection and converting iTunes movies to Galaxy Note 2 MP4 videos. Once the process completes, just copy and transfer the converted iTunes videos to your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and enjoy the movies/TV shows with ease!

P.S. Samsung provides a guide to describe the existing data transfer methods that are already available to you. For more information, visit How to Transfer Media to Your Android Phone. What’s more, if you have no idea about Galaxy Note 2 file transfer on Mac, you can follow How to Sync with Mac using Kies to learn more.

If your movie isn't already in one of the Galaxy Note 2 supported formats or it's still on a DVD or a Blu-ray, you can get the 20% OFF DISCOUNT Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate (or the 20% OFF iMedia Converter Mac)which can help you rip Blu-ray/DVD, and convert various formats of 720p/1080p HD videos in MKV, AVI, TiVo, VOB, MPG, MTS, etc. to your Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1/7.0, Galaxy S3 and other Android os tablets/phones for smoothly playing.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012