How to take a SCREENSHOT and how to post it

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
When I first attempted to take a screenshot I would get the volume notification icon on it as many do. Here is the way to take they shots without incurring in such a problem.
Locate hour home botton (the nook symbol on the lower front of your NC...yes the one you use to wake your Nook up) and the down volume botton (upper right side, the one with the minus sign.
And now is a question of coordination and that's how I do it :
-I stop the screens on the part I want to take a shot of

-I make sure I hold my NC tight with both hands.
-I place my left thumb on the HOME BOTTON and my right index on the DOWN VOLUME
-I press and hold the home botton and in a super short sequence while holding the home, I
ress and release the volume button
-almost immediately you'll hear a bip and you can take your left thumb off the home botton.
At this point you'll see a little camera appearing on the lower front of your NC,next to the notification sign ,TAP on the camera and you ' ll see your shot in your gallery.

Now you got your screenshot, you want to share it with everybody on the NC forum so you have to post it and the best place is,of course, in my thread in -themes and wallpapers- is a sticky : - just SCREENSHOOTS-
I' m going to show you next the easiest and fastest way to do it and just directly from your N C.
Go to market and install the Android Tablet Forum app.,if you didn't do it yet, log in, tap Forums,by name, Nook, NC themes and wallpapers. and tap-stickies-upper page and you 'll see my thread -just SCREENSHOTS- Go to last page and oper your menu,press reply.You'll see on the top of the key board 3 choices :SUBMIT- INSERT- DISCARD.Tap INSERT and you'll see: from Gallery,from Camera,from URL....you tap GALLERY and you touch the screenshot you want to insert . The frame will highlight and you are done, your screenshot will i be inserted in the post.
PLEEEEEEASE POST YOUR SCREENSHOT....I LOVE SCREENSHOTS"
GLORIA

Last edited:

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Be aware that the Gingerbread based ROMs take away the volume+N snapshot ability.. I've looked on the Market and tried every screenshot app I can find, and nothing works. If anyone knows of a way to do it, I'm all ears cuz mine looks awesome right now.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Actually Raven...any custom ROM removes this ability, not just the 2.3 ROM's.

Raven, have you tried shootme?

dpakrr

Feb 8, 2011
found this on droid-life twitter...

Honeycomb screenshot app >>> Enjoy. http://kan.gd/1jg

dont have my NC with me ... anyone with CM7 or phiremod or whatever willing to try it out?

cheers for the link mate, works great on HC v4 2nd edition on eMMC. can finally show off my home screen :D

$screen201103211933.png

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Thak you Dpakr for sharing your screenshot over on my thread- just SCREENSHOTS- .Great shot, hope is going to be one of many!
gloria

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
ok, so how do I get that installed? I've booted with my CWR card ad falshed, says aborting.. I've gone to my isntalled CWR and tried, says aborting. Maybe it isn't going to work with 2.3?

EDIT: Found this on the market ($1.99) so I just bought it.. Doesn't work on 2.3. Just gives black shots. Refunded already.

Last edited:

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
No, it's a zip file. fahrbot.apps.screenshoter-1.0rc-(r1).zip.. I'm familiar with apk files, which is what I would have assumed it was. I opened it and found a folder structure, but no .apk file.

EDIT: Hint - Rename the .zip to a .apk and it actually works ;) Shots still black so far..

Last edited: