How to take snapshot without rooting?

letmefly

Nov 3, 2011
Is there any app or method can take snapshot without rooting?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
I have been using the adb method described here for taking screenshots of the VTAB. You have to be connected to your PC by USB and need the correct drivers installed and have adb working. It works and isn’t really that hard, but it is nice to be able to take a screenshot when not tied down to your computer.

I installed Screenshot by Kastor Soft on the VTAB and it works without root. Ignore the warnings that you need root, Screenshot worked on my VTAB without root.

Nov 9, 2011
Is there any app or method can take snapshot without rooting?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

If you have the keyboard dock then just press the key above the '6' key (the one with the camera icon) to save a screenshot in /sdcard/Screenshots.

If you're not using the dock then press and hold the recent apps icon (the one to the right of the home icon at the bottom-left of the screen) and it'll do the same.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
In settings there is an option to enable/disable screeshot mode. Each time you take a screenshot it asks if you want to stay in screenshot mode, I keep it enabled as I don't really see a downside to it. What I would like is some sort of cropping tool integrated so I dont have to do it after the fact.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum