How to Transfer Books from PC to Nook

moondog

Dec 14, 2013
I have a number of books I bought BEFORE I bought my Nook stored on my laptop and desktop ... now that I like the portability of the Nook over that of my laptop, I want to transfer the books from my laptop/desktop but I can't figure out how ... Can someone help me here please? I do NOT want to have to purchase them again, because I shouldn't have to.

dog

thanks in advance

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I do NOT want to have to purchase them again, because I shouldn't have to.

Hi dog, congratulations on your new Nook and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets.

If you registered the Nook using the same B&N account you purchased the books under, the books should automatically be available to the Nook as well. I have a desktop and two Nook tablets all sharing the same books.

moondog

Dec 14, 2013
These are books I bought in .pdf format and .epub, but not from Barnes and Nobles and I have had them for a number of years. Some are books I've found free at Gutenberg.org (not sure if that's right) and other places. Nothing I've done has allowed me to put these books on my NookHD ... sorry I should have posted that correct in the first place.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I managed to get some books from Gutenberg.org onto my Nook by converting them using Calibre on my PC. calibre - E-book management Unfortunately, you'll have to experiment with it to see what conversion works for your HD.

moondog

Dec 14, 2013
I'll give that a try I guess ... if that doesn't work or someone doesn't come up with something easier, I'll just sell my nook and get another Kindle ... (one is already being used by the wife)

It just seems the process would be just as easy as that for the Kindle ... unless this is how B&N intends to make their money :)

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
unless this is how B&N intends to make their money :)

That probably has a lot to do with it.:rolleyes: Rather than converting the books to fit the reader, another option would be to install a second reader for the books Nook can't/won't handle. I have the free Aldiko Book Reader installed on my Nexus and it appears to handle anything I throw at it. Worth a try? Amazon.com: Aldiko Book Reader: Appstore for Android