How to transfer videos and music to acer iconia tab a500?

Daniel24

May 16, 2011
Hi, I am a new acer tablet user, I have some videos and music, i want to put them on my a500, but when i connect to my pc, there have no response.
i can't transfer my videos to my acer tab. anyone can help me.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Go get a file manager from the market, maybe something like Estrong's ES File Explorer. Then you can share files over wifi.
You can use Estrong to access any shared directories on your computer and copy files you find there, and then navigate to where you want them on the Acer and paste them.

But you could also try downloading the drivers from ACER so that your tablet would be recognized. You didn't mention what kind of PC you had, so I'm guessing windows.

For lots of media, videos, I STRONGLY STRONGLY recommend you wander down to the gadget store and get a MicroSD card.
Several users have reported that after clogging up their internal storage with lots of movies and songs their tablet needed
a reset to factory.

You can get a carrier with the MicroSD card and plug that into your PC to load it up.
Amazon.com: 16GB Micro SDHC Class 4 Flash Card: Electronics <---sample, shop around.
You want at least a class 4 16gig card if you are going to start putting movies on your tablet.

beastman

May 8, 2011
You're only half right... you can play movies off a usb drive, but At Least the Viewsonic GTablet also has a fullsize usb port.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

Daniel24

May 16, 2011
Go get a file manager from the market, maybe something like Estrong's ES File Explorer. Then you can share files over wifi.
You can use Estrong to access any shared directories on your computer and copy files you find there, and then navigate to where you want them on the Acer and paste them.

But you could also try downloading the drivers from ACER so that your tablet would be recognized. You didn't mention what kind of PC you had, so I'm guessing windows.

For lots of media, videos, I STRONGLY STRONGLY recommend you wander down to the gadget store and get a MicroSD card.
Several users have reported that after clogging up their internal storage with lots of movies and songs their tablet needed
a reset to factory.

You can get a carrier with the MicroSD card and plug that into your PC to load it up.
Amazon.com: 16GB Micro SDHC Class 4 Flash Card: Electronics <---sample, shop around.
You want at least a class 4 16gig card if you are going to start putting movies on your tablet.

Thanks, I have know how to sync files form pc to acer iconia tab a500, but have another problem, I have transfer some videos, but not all can play well, and some can not be played, this is why?

Nate Rules

Jan 14, 2011
Alot of your videos need transcoded to play on the A500. There are alot of programs that can do this. I just use Vuse, it is a free program that does alot of things. It is real easy to use. You just drag your file into vuse and it will transcode it. I set it to h264 640x360. You can make it higher but I don't see any difference.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
There are other threads in the forum, probably down a few pages about converting movies for playing on the Tab.
So try the search button at the top of the page.

William32

May 9, 2011
Hi, guys, u can't transfer movies to acer iconia tab a500, perhaps the video formats is wrong.

From the user manual of acer iconia tab a500, we know acer iconia tab a500 only supports limited formats, including .3gp, .mp4, .mp3, .ogg and .wav, .3gp and .mp4 .

Indeed, u can try some players, such as moboplayer, QQplayer. but players can't solve all problems. I have tried moboplayer to play mkv videos, but unfortunately it plays erratically, and after a few seconds of playing the player crash.

so i think u need to transcode your video to acer iconia tab a500 compatible formats. in that case, you can get high quality playback on your acer iconia tab a500.

Natcha

May 9, 2011
I've been using FormatFactory for several years and it will encode almost any format to any other format, including both audio and video. I use H264 640x360 and works great for the A500.

As to getting video files onto the A500, I use a couple 32gb microSD cards with Nano USB adapters. I keep one plugged into the USB port all the time. The Nano adapter only sticks out about a 1/4 inch from the port. A lot better than a using a standard USB memory stick and can stay plugged in all the time.

I play the video files straight from the USB adapter. No need to transfer them to the internal memory cards.

Bill

beastman

May 8, 2011
So far each movie i've converted had been around 1gb. I went to avi since my GTablet supports it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

suade907

Apr 27, 2011
I use amazon's cloud drive for my music and love it. It's a good player app. Plus it doesn't take up any space for your music.

ObsidianBlk

May 13, 2011
I've copied music/movies to my tablet three ways so far... USB, dropbox, amazon cloud. All work without any issues for me, but USB is fastest, obviously. As for videos... I've been using handbreak (on linux, but its also available for windows and I think, Mac). May not be the fastest, but it gets the job done. I've encoded season 1 of stargate universe to mp4 format and the videos run great! Mind you, however, I keep the dvd resolution. With a 10" screen I really don't notice a difference.