How to turn off gestures ? They're ruining my game play

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by Dee2001, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Dee2001

Dee2001 Member

Tablet / Device:
    LG G Pad 8.3
    While playing an air traffic control game, each time I move my finger from the bottom of the screen (in landscape mode) to the middle, it triggers some kind of gesture that opens up this annoying popup with a microphone, google, and a notepad thing.

How can I disable it? Even if it wasn't annoying my game play, I don't want it (or any other gesture). I prefer my programs to start by me pressing the icon for it.

I'm on an LG G Pad 8.3 using Android 4.2.2, not rooted or hacked in any way. Here's a screenshot:

$Screenshot_2013-11-26-10-58-42r.jpg

2. leeshor

leeshor Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    Welcome to the forum

I'm fairly certain that is the standard method for activating Google Now, not a standard gesture. The only way I can think of to stop it would be to turn Google Now off.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Dee2001

Dee2001 Member

Tablet / Device:
    LG G Pad 8.3
    Aaaaaahhhh. That's what it is. I've disabled Google search and although the gesture is still triggering, at least it drops straight back out because it can't open search :)

I've found an app that disables the gesture, but I don't think it does anything more than disabling google search does.

It's not an ideal solution, but better than what I was considering - Option 1: sending the LG Tablet back as faulty, Option 2: Installing Gingerbread CyanogenMod on it, Option 3: Giving it away to a poor unsuspecting relative. I'd have accepted any of those options over living with the Google Now gesture interrupting my tablet-using experience in such an intrusive manner :)