How to unlock my daughter tablet it is on pattern mode

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
the more information you can give us on the tablet the better help we can be

onykage

Jan 11, 2012
Please help I need know how to get the right firmware for my daughter craig tablet

what version, model, size is the tablet? Where did you get it? Unfortunately 'craig tablet' is a really ambiguous term.

Sent from my Acer Android One Netbook using Tapatalk

lilpoop

Nov 29, 2011
Hi Kimberly54,

I am going to assume your daughter's tablet is a Craig 7-inch tablet model CMP 738a or CMP 738b. The "a" and "b" models are very similar....but they are different.

I have 7 weeks experience with my Craig Model CMP 738b ( and ZERO experience with the "a" model )

The one one that I purchased, the box had been opened, and the screen was locked with a pattern. Fortunately, I was able to exchange it for another.

Many posts to this site from people who cannot unlock the pattern or password that was ( inadvertently ) set.

The part of the software under "locations & security" apparently does not allow the user to change his (her) mind, and the screen lock pattern is set.

The only way that I can imagine un-doing it will void the warranty.

If you daughter's Tablet is a "b" model, AND if it has RaLinkTech Wifi ( NOT RealTeK Wifi ), then there is a site to get the original factory configuration.
Any saved information your daughter entered or downloaded (music files, emails, e-books, whatever) will be lost.

Original firmware here : CraigCMP738BOrigRom.img

How to do it? Others have done a lot of work to try & get these tablets functioning at a higher level. "m3red's" thread explains it in much more detail. The thread that I'm referring to can be found

Here : http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...orking-android-market-clean-rom-img-file.html

Lastly, I went back to the Craig Electronics site and they have added some new models since last November. If your daughter's Tablet is something other than mine, DO NOT follow my suggestion.

lilpoop

Nov 29, 2011
Correcting previous post:

3 rd paragraph : "The FIRST one that I...."

It may not have been clear. Craig marketed tablets marked "738b", but they were assembled with different WiFi hardware. At least Two.
The software that works with one WiFi does not work with the other. The link that I posted is supposed to be the one that my tablet came with.
(Mine has the RaLink Tech WiFi.)

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
If you install the Ralink wifi hardware ROM and you get a error with the wifi that means you have the RealTek wifi hardware in that tablet. vdubb gets the credit for the CMP738B Roms. I just helped find some of the problems. But you help installing or anything with the CMP738B we are here to help. :)