How to Update Jelly Bean 4.1

Jan 6, 2013
Could someone please tell me how to update the Ultratab Jazz 9 inch tablet (C925) to the Jelly Bean 4.1?

I have registered it, but haven't gotten an email to tell us to update.

Thanks

buttnugget21

Nov 25, 2012
I have the Jazz 7 inch tablet (C725) that I got for black friday. I also have not received the update but I just re-registered and the email I got looks different. Maybe I would get it soon but let me know if you get anything ok.

conwtcher

Jan 22, 2013
I bought this C725 Jazz tablet in early December 2012, registered it the same day, and I,m still waiting for the update email. I called: Digitec last week and was told the update would be sent onSaturday...and I,m still waiting. Iwish I would have left this at the store. What a rip-off!!!

uwphotog

May 30, 2012
I see I'm not the only one with this problem. I bought my UltraTab Jazz C725 at Office Depot on Black Friday and registered it on-line the moment I got home. 2 weeks ago, realizing that I haven't gotten an E-Mail yet instructing me to upgrade it to Android 4.1, I called Digitec and was told that all the E-Mail's should have gone out weeks ago but that he would let the people know who were in charge of that and that I should get an E-Mail back from them in the next day or 2. He asked for my name, E-Mail address, and the Serial # from the unit.....and since then I haven't heard a word back. The person on the phone I talked to also added that the upgrade was just recently made public and that it was on the Google App Store in case I didn't want to wait for the E-Mail from them, however he never indicated what the app was named. I entered "Android 4.1 Upgrade", but a ton of them show up and I don't know which one is the one that is supplied by Digitec. Otherwise the C725 works fine as is using Android 4.0.

merc51

Feb 5, 2013
I called 4 times to Digitac and got 4 different stories. The server was getting hammered was 1st, the server crashed was 2nd about a week later, there is nothing wrong with our server so it has to be your internet connection and finally the best one, your email server rejected the email we sent you.
I really dont have any confidence in Digitac anymore and will be taking the C725 back to OD.

Techgeek564

Jan 17, 2013
Have you tried rebooting your Tablet? I had a Tablet that required me to restart it in order for me to receive the update OTA. Usually most manufactures will just push the updates via OTA and you will see the info in the Notifications center. Hope this helps.

lcbhw48

Feb 17, 2013
I have a Coby Kyros 10" screen tablet. It runs the OS 4.0 Android (Ice Cream Sandwich) system. Is there any way to get Google play or have access to Google apps for this tablet? I haven't had any luck getting anything worth while from GetJar. It's been frustrating trying to get anything to load. I don't know if this is a problem with everyone or just me. Help!!!

WarVet82

Mar 31, 2013
Simple you can go official website of Android operating system and download update jelly bean version and install it.

Is there a specific link? Because I got the email today from Digitac for the long waited Jelly Bean update. And it was just a facade. All it does is install a Jelly Bean launcher of less quality then one you would download from Google Play. None of the other Jelly Bean features are added. Going to Settings<About tablet shows its still the 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich system. The box had a sticker on it that said this specific tablet had a Jelly Bean update and a paper inside showing a Jelly Bean SYSTEM update. So correct me if I'm wrong... but isn't this form of false advertising worthy of a Class Action Lawsuit?

jinxlinx

Jan 14, 2014
I my self tried to resource the manufacturer for the upgrade to Jellybean 4.1.1. I received my email with the Theme/fonts pack too. The factory Rom was really poorly optimized often lagging to a halt causing "wait" errors and the sound output from the speaker was horrible/faint. I was also disturbed and disappointed that the USB cable was faulty and made most users assume the device was DOA or had other issues .Which was easy fixed with a new cable. It wasn't until 2d backgrounds stopped loading on games and Netflix threw errors that I decided to investigate obtaining the factory IceCream rom from the manufacturer. They will not and do not respond to Rom request so I was on my own. I got my Jazz c725 Ultra tab running 4.2.2 and it has improved in performance X2, The sound output is notable also. So since this forum is how to get the Jazz c725 running Jellybean I would like to share the information and hopefully save every one the time.
There are a few programs all I used to complete the flash, I wouldn't bother backing up the rom you don't need it or want it trust me.
1)(Live suit) Is an A13 (jazz 725) flashing utility you can connect to the device via windows and flash the rom after forcing a USB driver it doesn't even need to boot the device. This works for tablets stuck in loops and there are many forums explaining the procedures to use it.

2)(Faaastjb v2.5) Faaast is an actual rom image of the 4.2.2 operating system created by TOX it requires a specific driver pack to load touch screen for the C725.

3)2-solomonsam - Download - 4shared - Toxic RR2-solomonsam.html (This is the Driver pack you need to use) I put these in the bin of android commander and load them just fine. IF IT DOESNT LOAD TO " press any key to continue" OLD ADB processes muck it up redo it.

4)(Android commander) Root windows file explorer for android, Used to edit G-sensor and accelerometer via windows - fixes Inverted sensors in the The file you need to edit is tablet side ( /system/usr/gsensor.cfg )

I am not going to explain every procedure in detail how to utilize the programs mentioned above just that they all have there own tricks and all don't run well if old adb process are running in task manager - Ide trouble shoot there. ALSO read the instructions given for live suit and forcing unsigned drivers into windows.

Ok so you did all the homework have every thing installed, have the rom loaded with driver and want to know how to edit the G-sensor use android commander to copy to desktop /system/user/gsensor.cfg Open the file in notepad and use these settings then replace the old one and restart.

;Direction parameter adjustment, including the x, y, z axis, and xy interchange four variables,
;the name of the module used for identification, and drive registered name consistent
;--------------------------
;name:bma250
gsensor_name = bma250
gsensor_direct_x = false
gsensor_direct_y = tru
gsensor_direct_z = true
gsensor_xy_revert = false
;name:dmard06
gsensor_name = dmard06
gsensor_direct_x = false
gsensor_direct_y = false
gsensor_direct_z = falsa
;name:mma7660
gsensor_name = mma7660
gsensor_direct_x = true
gsensor_direct_y = false
gsensor_direct_z = true
;name:mma8452
gsensor_name = mma8452
gsensor_direct_x = true
gsensor_direct_y = false
gsensor_direct_z = false
;name:kxtik
gsensor_name = kxtik
gsensor_direct_x = true
gsensor_direct_y = false
gsensor_direct_z = false
;name:afa750
gsensor_name = afa750
gsensor_direct_x = true
gsensor_direct_y = false
gsensor_direct_z = false
WORKING --- Wifi, Accelerometer, G-sensor, Camera, Multi Touch screen, USB & SD, Headphonejack, Google Play, EVERYTHING ELSE and better than the factory rom.

Also to get top side Keys working use android commander to edit /system/usr/keylayout/sun4i-keyboard.kl in WORDPAD 112 Volume_down, 113 Volume_up. I made my Back key 114 which is search but has potential to be what ever. Just replace it with the new sun4i file and your done.
100% functional Jazz c725 running 4.2.2, ENJOY & special thanks to TOX and satcomranger for helping me help you.

I will check back on this thread and ensure to help with a things but it isn't the hardest flash.
AND THATS HOW TO GET THE C725 Running JellyBean....

Last edited:

henrie1

Jan 29, 2014
I my self tried to resource the manufacturer for the upgrade to Jellybean 4.1.1. I received my email with the Theme/fonts pack too. The factory Rom was really poorly optimized often lagging to a halt causing "wait" errors and the sound output from the speaker was horrible/faint. I was also disturbed and disappointed that the USB cable was faulty and made most users assume the device was DOA or had other issues .Which was easy fixed with a new cable. It wasn't until 2d backgrounds stopped loading on games and Netflix threw errors that I decided to investigate obtaining the factory IceCream rom from the manufacturer. They will not and do not respond to Rom request so I was on my own. I got my Jazz c725 Ultra tab running 4.2.2 and it has improved in performance X2, The sound output is notable also. So since this forum is how to get the Jazz c725 running Jellybean I would like to share the information and hopefully save every one the time.
There are a few programs all I used to complete the flash, I wouldn't bother backing up the rom you don't need it or want it trust me.
1)(Live suit) Is an A13 (jazz 725) flashing utility you can connect to the device via windows and flash the rom after forcing a USB driver it doesn't even need to boot the device. This works for tablets stuck in loops and there are many forums explaining the procedures to use it.

2)(Faaastjb v2.5) Faaast is an actual rom image of the 4.2.2 operating system created by TOX it requires a specific driver pack to load touch screen for the C725.

3)2-solomonsam - Download - 4shared - Toxic RR2-solomonsam.html (This is the Driver pack you need to use) I put these in the bin of android commander and load them just fine. IF IT DOESNT LOAD TO " press any key to continue" OLD ADB processes muck it up redo it.

4)(Android commander) Root windows file explorer for android, Used to edit G-sensor and accelerometer via windows - fixes Inverted sensors in the The file you need to edit is tablet side ( /system/usr/gsensor.cfg )

I am not going to explain every procedure in detail how to utilize the programs mentioned above just that they all have there own tricks and all don't run well if old adb process are running in task manager - Ide trouble shoot there. ALSO read the instructions given for live suit and forcing unsigned drivers into windows.

Ok so you did all the homework have every thing installed, have the rom loaded with driver and want to know how to edit the G-sensor use android commander to copy to desktop /system/user/gsensor.cfg Open the file in notepad and use these settings then replace the old one and restart.
[...]

I will check back on this thread and ensure to help with a things but it isn't the hardest flash.
AND THATS HOW TO GET THE C725 Running JellyBean....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jinxlinx, can you PLEASE help further? I used USB Drivers Windows 7 - Vista - XP - 32Bit and was able to get my USB and ANDROID Device on Vista to work. Then Android commander worked. Eventually I figured out that I had to go to a command prompt (cmd) where the solomon drivers were unpacked and run the command "run.bat". Now my C725 tablet is upgraded but the touchscreen doesn't work. It actually wiggles a little like it can tell I'm touching but it doesn't unlock.

[As an aside for other nervous people like me, I decided that 4shared.com must be an OK website and no spyware gets installed unless you click the checkbox to allow it.]

Now I have gone through several touch screen drivers by adding file names in init.sun5i.rc. I decided that any file that has a "ts" in it and it ends with a "ko" must be a touch screen driver. I add a line like: "insmod /system/vendor/modules/gt818_ts.ko" into the init.sun5i.rc file and then force a reboot. It is a slow painful process because I have to kill Android Commander every time and also then I hold the down volume button and power button until it reboots.

Can you just tell me which drivers I actually need? On the other forum you said that correct drivers were in this file: 27-sketch2k278 - Download - 4shared - Toxic RR and here you say they are in this file: 2-solomonsam - Download - 4shared - Toxic RR. Both of these have quite a few drivers and I can't get any of them to work with the touchscreen on the Jazz C725.

jinxlinx

Jan 14, 2014
Its the 2 solomansam for full driver support, Sync the tablet with android commander put the driver in the android commander bin/ with the adb service and run the .bat it will load and restart the tablet. If you are not getting any TS with either you are not actually installing the driver. I just right click android commander icon and open file location of the bin.

You cant run the .bat without being inside of an adb bin and sometimes I have to alt tab restart the service in task manager if the upload pauses.

Last edited:

jinxlinx

Jan 14, 2014
I will pull you the script bin the solomonsam has all the right drivers but they are not all active (0 and 1) I will show you. I think what you are trying to do wont work with the init.sun5i.rc . Drivers are added with the boot image or kernel in most cases but that is what is cool about modded roms it has that open door however it takes Linux work and skill to make the driver packages we are using on Faaast.

Last edited:

jinxlinx

Jan 14, 2014
your bin should reflect the same 0 and 1 also

ctp_name = "ft5x_ts"
ctp_twi_addr = 0x38
ctp1_used = 0
ctp1_name = "Goodix-TS"
ctp1_twi_addr = 85
ctp2_used = 1
ctp2_name = "ssd253x-ts"
ctp2_twi_addr = 72
ctp2_ssd_type = 75801
ctp4_used = 1
ctp4_name = "zet622x-ts"
ctp4_twi_addr = 118
ctp5_used = 1
ctp5_name = "byd693x-ts"
ctp5_twi_addr = 82
ctp8_used = 0
ctp8_name = "gt82x"
ctp8_twi_addr = 93
ctp9_used = 1
ctp9_name = "gt811"
ctp9_twi_addr = 93
ctp10_used = 1
ctp10_name = "pixcir_cxx"
ctp10_twi_addr = 92
ctp12_used = 1
ctp12_name = "gslx680"
ctp12_twi_addr = 64
ctp12_gsl_type = 8602
ctp13_used = 1
ctp13_name = "sitronix_ts"
ctp13_twi_addr = 96
ctp19_used = 1
ctp19_name = "elan_ts"
ctp19_twi_addr = 20

[gsensor_para]
gsensor_used = 1
gsensor_twi_id = 1
gsensor_direct_x = 1
gsensor_direct_y = 1
gsensor_direct_z = 0
gsensor_xy_revert = 1
[gsensor_list_para]
gsensor_det_used = 1
bma250 = 1
mma7660 = 1
dmard06 = 1
mma8452 = 1
kxtik = 0
mxc622x = 1
afa750 = 1
mma865x = 0
lis3dh = 1

jinxlinx

Jan 14, 2014
I also hate to tell you this but you need to go back to step 1)FLASH Faaast those driver packs gave me different results when they were installed over each other. Ide recommend the full flash aswell.

I suppose I am awaiting a reply let me know how it goes flashing is all about trouble shooting, I know it works but its obvious I did post multiple methods misleading at first I have a fully functional tablet although that

The only negative comment I have which is not an issue cause I have a battery bank, car charger, wallcharger the 2300mah battery gets pounded in an hour 30 minutes thats with the increased sound, brightness wifi mod, running at an actual 1200mhz from the stock 1000. It can be throttled down to get 2 hours+ :) stand by time is awesome and it plays music on low power mode for 12+ hours but I rate the productivity X2 cause it has more snap. I scored 5900+ in antutu and think its the allwinner of allwinners.

Last edited:

henrie1

Jan 29, 2014
I also hate to tell you this but you need to go back to step 1)FLASH Faaast those driver packs gave me different results when they were installed over each other. Ide recommend the full flash aswell.

I suppose I am awaiting a reply let me know how it goes flashing is all about trouble shooting, I know it works but its obvious I did post multiple methods misleading at first I have a fully functional tablet although that

The only negative comment I have which is not an issue cause I have a battery bank, car charger, wallcharger the 2300mah battery gets pounded in an hour 30 minutes thats with the increased sound, brightness wifi mod, running at an actual 1200mhz from the stock 1000. It can be throttled down to get 2 hours+ :) stand by time is awesome and it plays music on low power mode for 12+ hours but I rate the productivity X2 cause it has more snap. I scored 5900+ in antutu and think its the allwinner of allwinners.

Thank you so much!!!!! I can't explain how happy it makes me to get some detailed help on this. I will update after I try it this weekend.