How to upgrade my 2.3.3 to anything higher

rdaum1986

May 20, 2012
I just bought my android tablet online and it is Model number M1F Android version 2.3.3 and Kernel version 2.6.35.7 Build number GRI40. I am trying to update this so I can not only have Google play but also be able to view youtube Vidoes on my tablet. I am very new at these things. Does anyone know how I do this??????

antonylewar

Mar 12, 2012
The update has to be done by the manufacturer of the tablet. If they upgrade then you will get the upgrade notification.

jimf2

May 9, 2012
You did not mention the make of the Tablet. As suggested above, you may want to search for firmware updates for that make, or search to see if Cyanogen Mod 7 2.3.7 can be installed on your tablet. First though, you should only try to upgrade your firmware if you know it is going to fix your problem. I noticed someone else had difficulty rooting a tablet that has the same model number here: Can't root tablet
This was for an
Innovatek 10" 4GB tablet with specs from Settings->About Device:

Model Number: M1F
Android version: 2.3.3
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7
Build number: GRI40
This sounds it may be similar to yours.

takyoko34

Jun 19, 2012
Hmm, the version of the tablet should have nothing to do with being able to access Google Play for Froyo and above. You might have to check for the APK for these apps because your device is not certified by Google, so these won't have Google apps by default.
Try going to Cyanogen and get the separate APK pack for Google Apps to be installed in their devices.