How To Upgrade On Old Phone

EnglishProtutor

Apr 26, 2017
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 which has Android version 4.4.2, is there any way I can upgrade to the latest version of Android? My device says the latest updates have been installed.

VeraP

Mar 2, 2020
Samsung Odin is the best way to flash & root any Samsung Galaxy smartphone or tab.. It's internally used at Samsung service center. However, the public version that is being used has not released officially by Samsung. It's an accidentally leaked binary file and you cannot find it officially. But, you can download it from trusted third-parties

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Samsung Odin is the best way to flash & root any Samsung Galaxy smartphone or tab.. It's internally used at Samsung service center. However, the public version that is being used has not released officially by Samsung. It's an accidentally leaked binary file and you cannot find it officially. But, you can download it from trusted third-parties
Which doesn't answer his question at all. He also sounds like someone who isn't familiar with tools like this. Recommending this software to a person who doesn't know what they are doing is a sure fire way to a bricked device and a very unhappy user.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 which has Android version 4.4.2, is there any way I can upgrade to the latest version of Android? My device says the latest updates have been installed.
You'll have to look into custom ROMs like LineageOS. Samsung usually provides two major updates to Android throughout the lifespan of their devices. Your device has long since had those updates, which is why the updater shows that the latest updates were installed.

EDIT: Just noticed the date of EnglishProtutor's thread, and mea culpa for replying to @VeraP 's post. I'll leave my reply intact since it really is a reply to her more than it is to a three year old post. That said, VeraP, PLEASE stop responding to ancient posts like this, or there will be consequences!