How To Use a Wired XBOX 360 Controller With My Rooted MID7005

levy42088

Dec 21, 2011
Hey there guys, I've been sent to this page several times to answer my own questions for my Coby MID7005 Tablet Running 2.1.

As you probably already know, the Cobu MID7005 has a normal USB 2.0 port as well as a Mini-USB port, and comes with a MiniUSB-USBHost Cable.

I have had this tablet since last November, and it has spent most of the time in my closet, but over the past couple of months I have pulled it out of retirement, through sd-boost and swapper on it, and am using it as a portable gaming device. (loading it with gameboid, snes, and genisis emulators with their respected games)

now for most of gameboys games such as pokemon I do not have a problem playing, but when it comes to trying to play megaman or sonic it becomes a lot more difficult. In these games the controls require you to be moving right WHILE tapping the a button to jump, this does not register on my 7005, its one input at a time although angry birds allows the pinch to zoom function quiet well.

when i am home i simply plug in a usb keyboard into either ports and am able to play perfectly with the tablet on its leather stand, but this doesn't help me when i am on the road or the train and want to play my megaman and sonic. I read up on being able to use a ps3 or a wii controller with android devices using bluetooth but the problem is that the coby mid7005 does not have bluetooth built in, only wifi.

Ive read on this forum several ways to use a wired xbox 360 controller on your tablet using a usb otg host cable? and I was wondering if this is the same usbhost-miniusb cable that is provided with the tablet. Any answer would be greatly appreciated. For more details I can say that I have it rooted with z4root, im using setcpu to run at 720 mhz consistantly, and am running this all on android 2.1, mainly because coby doesnt have updates to its OS and other sites say it may brick my tablet if I try.

So basically I want to use a wired 360 controller on my android 2.1 tablet, or a wired ps3 controller, and also if possible use the mad katz "portable drum kit" hub as a near-nes-like wired gamepad. Please Let Me Know what everyone thinks!

Thank You Very Much
-Levy42088

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Look for GamepadIME on Market or elsewhere, it allows you to use an USB gamepad in games that support keyboard as an input device. There is a driver for wired PS3 controller, but most probably won't run on 7005 (only works so far on 7024/8024/1024). And I haven't see a report about using an Xbox controller successfully yet...