How to use Google apps if your tablet doesn't allow an account

D

dartiss

I have a Creative Ziio. It doesn't allow Google accounts to be setup within the "Settings/Accounts" option.

If I download a Google app - such as Google Reader - it won't run because it can't find a Google account and won't let me sign in manually. Is there a way around this?

In particular, I'd love to get the Gmail app running.

David.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Is the google services framework already on your device? if not, there's probably an update.zip floating around with all the apk's you'll need to install the Google experience. if you search this forum, you'll find multiple threads about how to install gapps on various devices. just remember to read all instructions and make a backup before modifying your device.

Last edited:
D

dartiss

Is the google services framework already on your device? if not, there's probably an update.zip floating around with all the apk's you'll need to install the Google experience. if you search this forum, you'll find multiple threads about how to install gapps on various devices. just remember to read all instructions and make a backup before modifying your device.

I'm maybe searching for the wrong thing, but I'm not finding an answer. Is there a good post that you could point me to?

To do this, am I going to have to root my tablet or is something that will install "over the top" of my existing install.

David.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
yes, you'll have to root. most of the gapps zipfiles get installed over the existing install. (they just add a bunch of apk's to /system, afaik)

timcroft

Dec 25, 2011
i cant access a[[s off the marketplace either. i have a coby kyron and it wont see my device. need step by step directions to fix this!