How to watch Hulu on your Android 2.2 device

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Just today i figured out how to watch hulu on my phone and i wanted to share it with all of you. A few requirements, you must be rooted and have a device that can support flash

First download this zip file HULU.zip
Unzip it and load all of files to an sdcard so you can install them
If you already have flash installed unistall it
Install "install_huluflash_player.apk"
Install "flash_fixed_final.apk"
Install " Hulu.apk"

Once you have done that it should work i did notice that on my droid incredible running cm6.1 that the sound was super slow and low but when i tried it on my incredible running sky raider the sound was perfect if someone knows a fix to make the sound work properly on cm6.1 please share update: i found a fix for the sound issue look at post number 6 for instructions

Last edited:

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Doh, d'oh,d'oh read directions. MUST have Root. Once I did that it works

Last edited:

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
i am glad it worked for you just a quick question does the sound work perfect or is there the same issue that i have?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Same as yours. Will try on a another unit. see if it changes

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
ok or if we could just fined a fix for the sound that would be the best

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I have found a fix i was up late last night trying to figure out how to do this and after reading several threads and trying different fixes i found the answer. So a little bit of history when 2.2 came out google used a different codec company from 2.1. This caused a problem for streaming music, like with pandora and stuff so google and every buddy else came out with a fix. Well the fix was great for pandora but messed up hulu bad. OK history lesson over now to fix this ihtfp69 the creator of sky raider roms for the droid incredible as compiled a zip file to undo the audio fix i pulled it off my device and am hosting it here AudioFixRemove.zip for all of you. All you have to do is flash this zip through recovery if you want to get recovery on your device go speak to razor950 over here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum.../3607-porting-clockwork-recovery-tablets.html clockworkmod recovery will make this process so much easier. That should fix the hulu sound issue now if you are worried about pandora being messed up i couldnt tell a difference but here is a fix for that. Install root explorer open it up and navigate to system copy build.prop to your sdcard, then put your sdcard in your computer and open up build.prop with a text editor i use notepad ++ navigate to this line

media.stagefright.enable-http=true

and change it to

media.stagefright.enable-http=false

then save it and put your sdcard back into your device and then open up root explorer and copy and past it into system click yes to replace the old build.prop

that should fix it. Hope you guys like my work and i hope others try hulu and let me know if it works or not on their devices

Last edited:

rsmcjr

Dec 18, 2010
before i try this, you say to uninstall flash from my phone, i see the hulu flash apk, does this work for any app that uses flash? i'm going to assume not but ...... it sounds great, it's always bugged me not being able to watch Hulu

rsmcjr

Dec 18, 2010
oops....should proof read before i hit send... i meant that i was going to assume that it did work for apps that use flash.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
it does work for everything else that uses flash its just a special one that will allow hulu to work as well

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I haven't tried it on any of those devices but I have tried it on a droid incredible and an 8 inch freescale imx515 and it works great on both

Sent from my incredible using Android Talert Forum

gtabgam

Jan 15, 2011
I have found a fix i was up late last night trying to figure out how to do this and after reading several threads and trying different fixes i found the answer. So a little bit of history when 2.2 came out google used a different codec company from 2.1. This caused a problem for streaming music, like with pandora and stuff so google and every buddy else came out with a fix. Well the fix was great for pandora but messed up hulu bad. OK history lesson over now to fix this ihtfp69 the creator of sky raider roms for the droid incredible as compiled a zip file to undo the audio fix i pulled it off my device and am hosting it here AudioFixRemove.zip for all of you. All you have to do is flash this zip

Thank you for this find, probbie. I have clockwork mod installed and use it to regularly backup my device between trying different roms. When I try to use your audiofixremove zip from clockwork recovery, it tells me there are errors in the zip, but if I open the zip I can see the contents properly. Ive noticed that it contains two copies of the same folder name with different timestamps, I don't know if that's what is causing issues...

Do you have any insight on how to get clockwork recovery to properly use this zip? Or, can you point to a link that shows me how to manually apply this fix?

Thank you!

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I don't, the removeaudiofix.zip works perfect for me on my incredible and on the tablets that I put Hulu on they didnt need the audiofix to be removed so I haven't had any issues with it I was contacted by some one that told me it wouldn't work on their g2 , but supposedly you can just edit some files with root explorer to fix it. I believe there is a thread at xda that give some other ideas that might work

Sent from my incredible using Android Tablet Forum

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
i used it on my fascinate a few weeks ago so it still works on some devices