How to watch movies on the Huawei Tablet.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
soparanosv/50cals,

I installed VitalPlayer and like its performance with my video files but can't figure out from the settings how to turn off all the on screen claptrap (i.e., progress bar, battery level indication etc.). What am I missing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
So I havn't used the player since there was an update last week or so........ GRRRRRR now the new version won't let you change directories to your sdcard2 , only sdcard.

Well now to try to find version1.1.0 again and dont update it.

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
So as much as I loved Vitalplayer the update has made me go back to rockplayer universal , got over 4 gigs of movies and they play great, can see / , /sdcard, and /sdcard2.

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
No, after the latest update with vitalplayer....... navigating to sdcard2 and clicking on an .avi would do nothing like it did before the update. So I just got rockplayer full and works friggin awesome !

Will have to chk out that Mplayer, but i think i already did and removed it when going through all the players out there.

sticking with rockplayer.

lemmyslender

Jan 10, 2011
Strange, if I go to sdcard2 in Astro and tap on a movie, it asks what I want to use. Movies, mplayer, and Vitalplayer.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
yup, astro did that for me too.....so did vitalplayer..... but not after i updated to the new vitalplayer. It has the option to choose /, /sdcard, or /sdcard2 but whatever i picked and exited... it defaults back to sdcard. Even browsing to sdcard2 in file manager and clicking the avi movies it says "unable to open"

so rockplayer it is for me, can browse thru that or thru my file manager now.

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
I have tried most of these and I would have to say rockplayer is the best one that I have used. The biggest downside I had was that rockplayer was the largest app (taking up space that I wanted for other apps). However I am back to rockplayer and it is working great.

I have ripped so many of my DVD's as MPEG4 on to my computer and then converted them with Real Player in to a WMV file that is on average 400MB for a movie. These movies play great on the S7 and it is handy to have with me whenever I want to start up a movie. I also have Dora episodes on it for my daughter when we go out to eat. Eating out has never been so peaceful!

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
when your watching a movie.... just click the center of the screen, all of that should auto hide.

Doh, that was too simple. Still liking vitalplayer - at this point it can still "see" video files on both my internal mem and external SD card. :cool:

Jokout

Nov 28, 2010
I use Vplayer with excellent results! It plays pretty much any format you can throw at it so no converting!!!
Cheers

efidol

Dec 30, 2010
Was using rockplayer but switched to vitalplayer as it will read internal and external msd cards. Both apps huge but i figure its sort it to be able to play pretty much any format

Sent from my Huawei Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App