[HowTo] A2109 Fastboot

Dec 28, 2012
Thanks so much for getting back with me. With a week or so off from this, I'm ready to come back to it with "fresh eyes". I was getting frustrated beyond all hell so I know that's when to stop... else, I'll most likely pull out all my hair. Plus, I know look silly with a bald head! :)Ok, so I know my A2109 isn't being recognized as I type "fastboot oem unlock" (or "fastboot-mac oem unlock") and get the following (pronounced THE FINGER) < waiting for device >So, I know I can't flash CWM or even TWRP so it's a moot point to copy anything over at this point. I'm still stuck at unlocking the bootloader. :( Ideas? Suggestions? Helpful Mac/Linux hints?
Ok, that first menu you mention is the bootloader menu. It's actually your first stop. That's where you unlock the bootloader: fastboot oem unlock. Then, you'll want to flash ClockworkMod (cwm). You'll have to copy the ROM and SuperUser files over to the tablet too. The easiest way is to just boot the tablet. Oh, and while you're there, make sure USB debugging is enabled in Settings->Developer options. You won't get far without that. In fact, fastboot may not work without it (type 'fastboot devices' in bootloader mode to see if you are connected).Sorry my message is a bit disordered. Boot your tablet, check USB debugging, copy those two files over, then boot into the bootloader menu to unlock the bootloader and flash cwm. Let me know how that goes.

tnewc

Feb 7, 2013
Anika200, your adb and boot loader doesn't work for me. I can't enable USB debugger on my a2109. When I try to boot with volume up or down, I don't get any of the options that I'm told to chose. Trying to re-install jb which is causing issues with mounting SD card and USB drive.

mcsquared01

May 10, 2013
HELP......
I have LeTools installed on windows 64bit and have tried to get my a2109a into fastboot for hours and its not working. Right now when i look at my device manager it shows lenovo adb devices and subgroup under lenovo fastboot device. My Ideatab is also viewable under portable devices. I have went through anika's guide a few times and nothing seems to work. The command prompts wont work and i cant get this thing cracked...any help would be appreciated

ithinknooneusea2109a

May 10, 2014
Hello guys :D
Well im new in the forums and im not the biggest pro in this stuff :(
I have an Ideatab A2109A and wanted to root it. I got stuck in fastbooting the device :(
1.In the left corner there is standing some text and the usb icon is in the middle.
2.When im trying to enter a fastboot command in cmd it stucks at "waiting for device"
3.When i connect my tablet to my pc sometimes it shows me code 43 error couldnt connect 3. point in brackets I mentioned it, because maybe it has something with the other things.
Im using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
I tried many things and couldnt fix this for a week... :(
You guys are my last hope
THis thread is the only one about a2109a I found until now but its old :(
I hope that I will get answers :D

xdrc45

Jan 6, 2013
Hello guys :D
Well im new in the forums and im not the biggest pro in this stuff :(
I have an Ideatab A2109A and wanted to root it. I got stuck in fastbooting the device :(
1.In the left corner there is standing some text and the usb icon is in the middle.
2.When im trying to enter a fastboot command in cmd it stucks at "waiting for device"
3.When i connect my tablet to my pc sometimes it shows me code 43 error couldnt connect 3. point in brackets I mentioned it, because maybe it has something with the other things.
Im using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
I tried many things and couldnt fix this for a week... :(
You guys are my last hope
THis thread is the only one about a2109a I found until now but its old :(
I hope that I will get answers :D

Hi ithinknooneusea2109a
Welcome to Android Tablets forums.

To use fastboot on the a2109, you have to use the Lenovo fastboot.exe that is included in the Lenovo LeTools file in the OP.
The regular fastboot.exe like the one included in the android-SDK will not work with the a2109.

Connect your tablet (enable USB debugging in developer options) to your PC, open cmd and type:

adb reboot bootloader

The device will reboot to bootloader/fastboot mode. You will have to install the fastboot driver if you haven't already.

As an example you can then try this:
In command prompt type the path to where you have the LeTools folder is saved on your PC.
This is the path of where my LeTools folder is saved, so I would type this path in cmd to access the LeTools folder and to use the Lenovo fastboot.exe

Type:

cd \Program Files\Lenovo\LeTools

Then type:

fastboot devices

You should now have fastboot working.