[Howto] Install CWM, Custom ROM, Flash Player, and Market Fix for 1.1 based ROMs

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Fuganater,

Thanks for all your help. I got TnT 4.3 installed just fine.

However, I now see on XDA that there is a 4.3.2 supplement. It is my understanding that with supplements you don't need to clear everything out, just install the supplement over it.

Is this the save process as installing the ROM? Do you omit the step about wiping data?

You are correct. Just boot into CWR, install from zip, choose zip from sdcard, and filename.zip. You do not/not need to wipe data.

jrwn

Feb 19, 2011
I got everything installed and the marketplace running, but when I search for birds, I only have 3 results. When I go to my account on the marketplace website, I don't see my device. I have also downloaded old time radio player, but when I search for that phrase on my gtablet, I get no matches.

Any idea what's happening?

eld4au6

Mar 30, 2011
I installed all the stuff in this thread and it works fine but there are no good apps in the app store. No angry birds(which came on the tablet), no facebook, ect..

Is it supposed to be this way?

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
I installed all the stuff in this thread and it works fine but there are no good apps in the app store. No angry birds(which came on the tablet), no facebook, ect..

Is it supposed to be this way?

Did you install the GAPPS as well? Market should work fine from the get go.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Go to the first post in this tread. You will see a link back to XDA. In the first post of that thread there are 2 links, one to download ROM and the other is for GAPPS. (Google Apps) Make sure you install that just like a ROM but don't do a data wipe.

See if this solves your problems.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
-> Fuganater

Hey man .. ran into an issue with Flash Player 10.2 thought i'd share... went to watch a video on crackle.com last night and it told me i needed to install the latest version of flashplayer in the window where the movie was supposed to be... I was bum fuzzled as to why.. so i went to youtube to see if i could play video from there.. no go.. after messing with settings in the browser and what not with no luck i uninstalled and reinstalled the apk and that seemed to fix it... then back to Ghost Rider on crackle... :)

not sure what's up.. anyone have any insight to offer?

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
-> Fuganater

Hey man .. ran into an issue with Flash Player 10.2 thought i'd share... went to watch a video on crackle.com last night and it told me i needed to install the latest version of flashplayer in the window where the movie was supposed to be... I was bum fuzzled as to why.. so i went to youtube to see if i could play video from there.. no go.. after messing with settings in the browser and what not with no luck i uninstalled and reinstalled the apk and that seemed to fix it... then back to Ghost Rider on crackle... :)

not sure what's up.. anyone have any insight to offer?

You have to install 10.2 manually with the G-Harmony-Gingerbread v2.1 release. The origional ROM had it but it didn't work out the way the Dev was expecting.

jrwn

Feb 19, 2011
Go to the first post in this tread. You will see a link back to XDA. In the first post of that thread there are 2 links, one to download ROM and the other is for GAPPS. (Google Apps) Make sure you install that just like a ROM but don't do a data wipe.

See if this solves your problems.

I tried this and now when I open the market, after removing the icon and re adding it to the desktop, it flashes open, then closes out, no errors, just back to the desktop screen.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
See if a reboot fixes it. If not the ROM might not have flashed properly, which does happen with any ROM. You may need to reflash.

voyageurs60

Dec 27, 2010
Hello,

I just received my gtab and trying to complete objective 1.

I tried the directions as stated using both first the sdcard version then the internal version of clockworkMod. I hold down the buttons and it detects the file ("Recovery Key Detected") and does the open box icon. It then reboots as normal. So I assume it is installed. I then reboot holding down the buttons and it looks like the exact same sequence occurs and the open box icon appears again

I tried have the following files after extracting /sdcard/cwmod_internal (that contains a recovery folder and an update folder) - This is at the same level as the Android, DCIM, Music ... folders.

I also tried using /sdcard2/cwmod_microsd (after extracting it contained recovery folder and update folder)

What can i do to check that it is installed properly and how else can I try to enter into clockworkmod?

Thank you!

JJ - did you correct this problem? I am having the same... Thanks (downloaded from the links at top of thread)

Chitown

Mar 31, 2011
See if a reboot fixes it. If not the ROM might not have flashed properly, which does happen with any ROM. You may need to reflash.

I unfortunately am not lucky when I tried to reflash that GAPPS.zip. I've rebooted and reflashed a number of times with no luck. I don't see the Google Apps and I cannot access the Market now. Any other suggestions besides starting all over?