HP Touchpad won't connect to my Linksys E2500 router

Galtha58

Oct 5, 2012
This is annoying but maybe someone else has seen this. I have dual booted my HP Touchpad to run Simple Nerd Butta and WebOS. My old linksys router WRT54G connects to my Touchpad fine and I can watch Netflix videos via the wireless connection. Got the newer (and more expensive) E2500 and now I cannot seem to connect when I am using the Android Simple Nerd Butta OS . I get an authentication error on the secure channel of the router. My Touchpad seems to connect to the Guest channel OK. But, when connected on to Guest Access it will not stream Netflix. So, I switch to WebOS and try that. Connects to both secured wireless connection and the guest connection. But, I don't know of a way to play Netflix using WebOS. Don't think there is an app for that. So, it seems I am stuck. Unless I get rid of the E2500 and go back to my old router. Any ideas as to why this could be happening or ideas for a possible solution appreciated.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The E2500 should work. Check out the link below. There is a WiFi specific link on that page that should help. It must be a setting but because of one of your comments I would look at the "type" of security. Also make certain there are no special characters in the password or SSID.