HT_PAD1051 wfii tethering and market problems

Boomsling

Mar 27, 2011
Hi

Problem 1: I want to set up my hero as a wifi hot spot.

I have successfully rooted my Hero and installed wifi tether.

Initiallly I wasnt sure if it was working as the tablet would not detect the hotspot broadcast by my phone, further investgation has revealed that its a ad-hoc wifi and not a infrasructure wifi hotpsot and unfortunalty my tablet does not support ad-hoc. :(

Has anyone here got a step by step guide speific to my tablet as I think I need to root it and the install gscript to alter a config file and enable it to connect to a ad hock network ( or do I need to install gscript on my hero and alter the file to broacast a Infracture wifi signal... Confused)

This leads me to problem 2:

Load of apps are missing when I search for them on the market, (specificaly gscript lite) I can find them on my phone but not on the tablet, again I expect there is a hack for this probably requiring super user access and rooting the tablet, which really bring me back full circle to my first, how do I root my tablet problem!

I hope you have all the info you need, if not just ask and I'll explain anything I can. (I'll replay pretty quick as I have subscribed to this thread)

Thanks for reading.

And Hi to all

(been lurking but not posting for a while)

Boomsling

Mar 27, 2011
Ive managed to root the tablet using z4root, run market enabler and now have access to the full range of app in the market, however I still a little sticuk on the ad-hoc hack.

Im trying to follow the instructions on here:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...g/3569-adhoc-patch-android-wpasupplicant.html

I have a virtual terminal installed however when trying to check what version of wpa_supplicant file I have (su shell wpa_supplicant -v) I get access denied to shell

The root check app from market verifies that I have root access

I dont know how to continue.

Can you please spare a kick in the right direction.

Thanks

Boomsling

Mar 27, 2011
Anyone?

Loads of views but no replies. :(

If Ive broken some form of forum etiquet here thats making not want to reply, please say.

I have searched and managed to get so far with this but I just need a little push in the right direction.