HTC Flyer Exclusive To BestBuy (With Video)

WenWM

Sep 21, 2010

HTC along with just about every other Android tablet manufacturer seems to be looking at a spring release time frame, and with the new HTC Flyer, Bestbuy will be the only to retail the WiFi variant. The tablet that is featured in the above video was announced earlier today to be exclusive to Sprint as the 4G service provider. The WiFi only version on the other hand will be exclusive to Bestbuy, and unlike the Xoom, let's hope it will not require a month service with Sprint to purchase. There is no price yet released for this product, but [FONT=&quot]optimistically [/FONT]we will have another announcement regarding this issue later in the month.

Which tablet is currently on your to buy list?

Source: Hands-on with the Wifi-only HTC Flyer, coming this spring to Best Buy | Android Central

Last edited by a moderator:

voyageurs60

Dec 27, 2010
After on the market a short while think it will be $300 - if no requirement for a monthly fee, would buy one at that price... (wifi only version)

fbales

May 5, 2010
I'm still gonna wait to see the Toshiba tablet, but . . .

I like this HTC tablet. Price will surely be the thing that will turn me to it. If it comes in at less than $400 I'll probably go for it. I watched several different videos I found last night. In one, a guy thought it would be $499, which is too much for a non-honeycomb, non-dual core processor 7" tablet. Another of the videos I watched said this would be upgraded to Honeycomb later. HTCs customization of the OS is pretty impressive. I especially like that drawing/note taking app. I don't think I'd miss Honeycomb at all on this slick little tablet. I'm beginning to think this might be the ideal size. Larger than a phone, but small enough to not be a pain in the ass to lug around. I'd be interested in knowing what others think about screen size.

Frank