Jul 9, 2010
What we think we know so far:

yMTxW.jpg

Android 2.3 at launch (likely)
7" 1024x600
March
Specifications and Features:
1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255 processor
Two cameras (5-MP back; 1.3-MP front), LED flash, face recognition (probably autofocus on back camera)
microSD support
HSPA connectivity
Wifi N (probably)

DLNA
HTC Sense
HDMI

Sources:
Full HTC Flyer specs leaked on a Norwegian site
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1939549/htc-flyer-details-leaked

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
This is going to be a sexy tablet.... very excited about this.

Jayce Miskel

Jan 17, 2011
It's 1.5ghz not 1 but 2.3 and no dual core makes this not even an option for me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
About time tablets are starting to get a atmospheric features... gotta love HoneyComb and Sense!

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
I like this, especially the stylus. Anyone know if this will be available unsubsidized by a carrier?

Last edited:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
HTC Flyer unveiled at Mobile World Congress - MWC is one of the most significant annual events in the mobile industry. HTC Flyer is our first HTC Sense tablet that offers an amazing portable multimedia experience and a pen that's quite magic.

Last edited by a moderator:

lexena

Jan 17, 2011
Does HTC plan to bring a 10" to market? This would be worth waiting for and purchasing, in my opinion..

Last edited:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Does HTC plan to bring a 10" to market? This would be worth waiting for and purchasing, in my opinion..

Not that I know off, perhaps down the road. I think 7" seems to be the sweet spot for most as far as size and being able to hold with one hand. I'm sure if they are successful with the Flyer, they will try other sizes.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
When is release date ? And what carrier ?

No official release date announced, rumored date ~March - Q2 2011
also Sprint most likely and rumored T-mobile.

HTC Flyer Coming to Sprint at CTIA as EVO View Tablet?
Engadget was tipped that Sprint is gearing up to announce an EVO View Tablet, which will further extend the carrier’s EVO lineup, which now includes the HTC EVO 4G and the HTC EVO Shift 4G. Though not much is known about the EVO View Tablet, the EVO branding perhaps suggest that the slate will be an HTC-made device as Sprint’s two other EVO products offered today are made by HTC.

If in fact the EVO View Tablet is made by HTC, it could in fact be either a 3G CDMA/EV-DO, or a 3G/4G dual-mode tablet variant of the HTC Flyer, a tablet that was announced at Mobile World Congress. The unique feature about the HTC Flyer is the tablet’s support for inking....

Last edited: