Huawei E220 HSDPA USB MODEM android 2.2 Connection issues

wernervt

Jun 10, 2011
I have recently purchased an a-pad from Dealerexpress.com with android 2.2 on it. Everyone states that it supports the E220 modem and can connect to it but i have yet to et it working. i have logged into hyperterminal and set the following on the modem: AT ^ U2DIAG = 0 (device-only modem). It returned OK in Hyperterminal. Then i pluged it into my a-pad and went to menu-->Settings-->Wireless&Networks-->Mobile networks-->Network operators and either option Search networks or Select automatically just brings up a box stating "Searching"...and that is where it stays. I do not have an option to enter a new APN either... please help me.My mobile network is Vodacom in South Africa and the modem has a vodafone logo on the front.

Thank you experts

apiedade

Apr 9, 2011
Could you tell us more about your a-pad. Normally you don't need to do AT comand if you have the froyo 2.2, is only connect to the USB port and the e-pad recognize the Huawei 220.

mariusbear

Feb 13, 2012
Has anybody successfully setup the Huawei 220 Modem yet?? Please let us know so we can setup as well.Thanks