Huawei Ideos S7 Official Firmware Releases Discussions

gurduiala

Jan 7, 2011
Just tried to download some of new batches and I couldnt: the same error by Chrome, IE and Firefox browsers - file doesnt exists. Earlier batches are still avaidable.
If someone could upload the last one (clean taiwanise, as i understand) to file-exchanger, I would be very thankful.

edit: am i wrong or the Huawei download center is down?

I think the center is down,

I too cant download anything,

I am also somewhat hesitant to update,

Is the performance all that different? i have yet to hear someone's testimony

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
I have been running S7 V100R001C62B013 for about a week and a half now with no issues. It is a nice version, the reason I switched was because (it is in another thread) if you add a .apk to the apps folder you can use other launchers (ADW Ex) and put widgets on them. Getting the ADW launcher going with widgets and off the stock launcher makes it feel a lot more snappy to me.

If you are happy with what you have now, will there be a huge different if you are not wanting to change the launcher and be able to use widgets, more than likely not. Will it cause you problems and will you be disappointed that you switched more than likely not.

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
I also use this ROM and ADW launcher. With link 2sd as well. Not one issue. This feels rock solid.

Sent from my S7

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
I'm also on the C62B013 with link2sd active. The only thing I notice is my wifi shuts down occasionally and I got the old remembered but out of range issue. Shut down and restarted fixed the problem. I am leaning towards launcher pro plus, but I also have adw installed. I can't seem to get the lab and rab (action buttons)) to do anything. Do they have a function? Widgets seem to be more stable on LP. A number of times on relaunch I have had on adw the widgets not able to load. And the cube function on LP is very cool and fast to switch screens! I keep going back to this launcher. Home switcher is very convenient.

I seem to be the only one who really liked the native launcher and interface. But read that this is sucking out battery life so I switched and am thinking of removing it. My battery life is very poor. 2 hrs with constant screen on with wifi.

Feb 13, 2011
Hey guys.!!

I have a question for you clever guys :D

Wich update can i use for my S7 build S7V00R001C08B010?

Can i use the one on Huawei's website or do i have to root my unit?

I miss scandinavian languages on my unit..

I got mine from eXpansys.dk

What app do you guys use to syncronise your unit?

Thanks in advanse

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
You can recompile a kernel to get lower volumes, but it screws up call volume too...

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
I don't use my S7 as a phone, so if someone does compile a kernel to lower the volume, I'd be willing to test it!!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Actually never mind about the volume... I don't think it's working -_-

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
Thinking about flashing the Singapore rom. Flashed one last night that I thought would be in English but wasn't. Is Singapore rom in English? Or do I have to flash via S7 Upgrade Tool vs SDCard to get a language option? Thanks for your patience with nooby questions :D

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
It comes up in English, but in another locale, and you just need to go to settings and change the locale.