Huawei Ideos S7 - Please Help!

secretdude0

May 10, 2011
Hello there,

I have an Ideos S7 tablet with Froyo installed. Attempted to root the tablet - success. Attempted to Clockworkmod via ROM Manager .... restarted the tablet to boot into recovery ..... now its stuck in the boot screen and I can't do anything about it. Left it charging all night to so that the boot actually loads ..... no success.

PLEASE HELP ASAP!

- Sam

secretdude0

May 10, 2011
Thanks for your fast reply.

You see .... I'm kind of a newbie and actually, when installing it from ROM Manager, I didn't see Ideos S7 on the list. You see, S7 doesn't have as many updates so often times, compatible apps work instead of official apps for the S7. Eg. I installed 2.2.2 OS myself before the the official release of it by Huawei.

I tried a few different Huawei models from ROM Manager and the last one I did was either Huawei Ascend (not Ascend 2) or Huawei Pulse. I now see it doesn't work and now I'm stuck in boot screen animation and am not aware if it was installed.

- Sam

secretdude0

May 10, 2011
BTW, how do I properly install ClockWorkMod in my Ideos S7 tablet? Phone model is not there ....

secretdude0

May 10, 2011

Thanks for the reply btw.

I did stumble upon that link before but the thing is, if I try to do the button combo it doesn't work. Here's what it is:

Currently, I have a successful install of trimod_v3 rom and simply wish to change that. Can't do ROM Manager as it doesn't have Ideos S7 as a phone model.

With the link you gave me, I tried Volume Up + Power and a screen comes up and says:

"Enter into fastboot mode
You can press HOME + BACK to reboot device"

And nothing happens after that! What can I do?