Huawei Ideos S7 - Post-Root Tips Sharing

rudydh

Dec 20, 2010
Well I say hang in there, they will come out with a update. I thought Q1 2011? Its still 2010 last time I looked. Getting mine next week, damn kids lol spent all my money on them :)

AAndrew

Dec 26, 2010
Hey,

I got my Ideos Tablet S7 not too long ago, and I'm already close to running out of space for applications.

Anyways, I want to root my tablet so I can have more space for applications. I searched Google and these forums for info, but I haven't found anything that was much use, unfortunately... :confused:

Any help, and information would be great. ;)
-Andrew

BTW : Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section, I'm still pretty new to these forums. D:

poncespr

Nov 24, 2010
Hey,

I got my Ideos Tablet S7 not too long ago, and I'm already close to running out of space for applications.

Anyways, I want to root my tablet so I can have more space for applications. I searched Google and these forums for info, but I haven't found anything that was much use, unfortunately... :confused:

Any help, and information would be great. ;)
-Andrew

BTW : Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section, I'm still pretty new to these forums. D:

Searching for "Huawei root" in this forum this is the first post you get:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/huawei-tablets/2290-huawei-s7-useful-tweaks-tips.html

Look at the very first tip in the first page.

AAndrew

Dec 26, 2010

poncespr

Nov 24, 2010
Ah, sorry. Because of the title on your post, I thought you were looking for information on how to root it. I read somewhere some information about formating the internal storage, or something along that line. Never tried. Too complicated for my pea brain. But if I manage to remember where I saw it I will post it here.

AAndrew

Dec 26, 2010
This is still being developed for this device.

That's the answer I was looking for, thanks!

Also, if somebody wouldn't mind answering another question, the tutorial mentions UniversalAndRoot and z4root. Which is better for the device, and why?

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
Rooting will not give you additional storage space.

Z4 did not work for me but UAR was one click and done.

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo

poncespr

Nov 24, 2010
That's the answer I was looking for, thanks!

Also, if somebody wouldn't mind answering another question, the tutorial mentions UniversalAndRoot and z4root. Which is better for the device, and why?
My personal experience is that I have tried both, and while they seem to work, I had issues installing software that requires root with universalandroot, whereas I have not had any problems with any root requiring app after rooting with z4root.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I also definitely prefer z4root. I found I was getting a lot of false positives with UniversalAndroot making me think I was rooted but really wasn't.

DCLocal

Nov 25, 2010
I'm a new S7 owner (Christmas present to myself) and I just tried z4root and it was a snap! So far I'm very happy with the S7 and can only hope it gets the development it deserves. I'd love 2.2 and some custom ROMs.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
We are supposed to get Zn official 2.2 ROM Q1-2011, and hope to have a community ROM sooner.

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
I just unrooted to give z4 a second chance and it worked fine. I hope to start working on recovery, kernel, and rom within the next few days.

Sent from my Ideos S7

double

Dec 24, 2010
rooting allows you to add 3rd party apps. We first need a recovery and then someone needs to port a rom. It sounds like it might take a while and huawei sounds wishy washy about weather or not the s7 will be recieving the 2.2 upgrade but i'm sure the recovery/rom will be completed by a dev if the company doesn't officially release it for this device. I really like the product but lack of 2.2 bothers me. I've been using skyfire which works for flash/html converting on a lot of websites. That browser is awesome.

App2sd only works on 2.2 which sucks. internal memory for app storage 128 mb is unacceptable. This is the single most prevalent issue that 2.2 android will fix in my opinion and flash is second. Hoping for working recovery + rom by new years.