Huawei Ideos S7 - Post-Root Tips Sharing

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Inhale - Exhale ok sorry about the hijack - Now back to business - are we getting 2.2 or not!? More importantly, are we getting accessories or not!? Tired of going to the BB site and seeing a $20 gift card as a recommended accessory. What a slap in the face BB.

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
If I may butt in--you have to understand that this is a very new device, an odd size from the established sizes out there and support will be very limited until manufacturers see a potential profit in supporting this device as far as accessories go. And 2.2 will come- even if the smart guys around here have to put it together themselves!!!! Patience is needed here.

If that is in short supply you will need to put out the bigger bucks and get an established tablet. I'm too cheap. I thought $112 for my PDN was alot... That was hacked to death and beyond till it was a learning device for me with android. (I just returned it to kohl's and got a full refund- I wouldn't normally do this but it had micro cracks on the frame.) Paying $299 was alot of money for me to invest for the hs7. I'm not willing to go higher based on the fact that this device does a lot for my money. I'm not happy to wait but that was the deal when I purchased a very new tablet- you knew it going in.

My 2 cents for what it is worth.

ufxss

Nov 16, 2010
I agree with Buzzman:....I believe that most of us here bought the S7, knowing it is a "new" and early unit, not just because it was a new gadget at Best Buy,... which might get updated, or not. One thing is for sure, there will be new models coming on the market in 2011 better and if not cheaper at least the same level of price.
My position is to enjoy what we bought, play and mess with it as upgrades or alternatives become available up to the point that the new models become so attractive to buy a new one and pass the S7 to our kids to play angry birds or other basic stuff.

If we waited until something very good and inexpensive was available , it was going to be obsolete anyway in a couple of months. As I stated in antoher post, with this mentality I would still have my first DOS 286 PC running on Floppy disks waiting for something better and cheaper that would not be obsolete in 6 months

Last edited:

bencostello

Dec 30, 2010
If we waited until something very good and inexpensive was available , it was going to be obsolete anyway in a couple of months. As I stated in antoher post, with this mentality I would still have my first DOS 286 PC running on Floppy disks waiting for something better and cheaper that would not be obsolete in 6 months
@buzzman and ufxss:
I will have complete patience with devs and the community regarding future hacks and ROMs. The bottom line is that I was told at Best Buy that there was an official upgrade to 2.2 and the "flash" issue was the only thing it upgraded. They said the update was probably on Huawei's website, only to find tha not only was it not on the web site but an email I received FROM Huawei said that 2.2 will not be made available for the S7. This because a HUGE point for me because of the "restrictions" on the number of apps you can install. This seems like an easy and OBVIOUS fix. I have an older iPhone, winMob phone and I have NEVER run out of space for apps and I've installed hundreds, that is one of the STRONGEST selling points IMHO, which I'm allowed right?
I want to keep this device, gets APPs2SD working and DONE! I'm happy (we'll see later about the number of apps that can't run off the SD - I'm guessing most App makers will try to update their apps to make it possible.

As for "waiting" for the perfect device, which it seems that many people think that I somehow need a "DO-IT-ALL" device is TOTALLY incorrect. Read my first few posts. I am VERY happy with the device.
The ONE things I want (and was promised by Best Buy) was 2.2 (or more exactly Apps2SD).
Again like I said before it is like driving a Lamborghini but with only enough gas for 3 miles. Not a great analogy but I think you get my meaning. We HAVE a GREAT device but the bottleneck on 100,000 apps available to about 20-30 apps cripples a FANTASTIC device.
@ferrari, thanks, I guess for "correcting" me then pointing me to links I had already read. (By the way you can reply to MULTIPLE posts - FYI - no thanks needed) Interesting we are now "in violent agreement?"
So I should "lighten up" on the negative labeling. We are on a website to critique, research and hopefully upgrade our device. "Negative labeling" is nothing more than criticizing a device/feature IN MY OPINION and I don't feel the need to "Lighten Up". I think you should lighten up on other people's posts opinions (we ALL have them!)
This has become the most ridiculous back and forth. I won't reply to your reply, YOU may have the last word. I am dropping it. But I did find your posts more than a little arrogant and sarcastic. But I'm sure you know everything to help us simpletons!
Thanks!

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
I think I am in an alternate reality and this is an apple forum. :(

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
I'm not trying to be a smart ass but every time I open this post it is way off topic. It really should just be deleted.

Sent from my Ideos S7

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Ok just a suggestion -
Wrap up all these posts into a new thread called

Android 2.2 update for Huawei S7 Rants

And sart a new specific thread for serious posts!

I don't say I like these sort of tedious postings, but, in my experience there are many who have the need to get stuff off their chests and if they register as members then there is always ther risk that a thread will become hijacked/heated/irrelevant/stupid/obnoxious/etc/etc.
So let them have a rant thread and then we don't need to read it and they don't feel marginalised.
Ah the democracy of forums.
The Greeks had that a long time ago!
The Geeks can have it today!

dajack761

Dec 8, 2010
I'm not trying to be a smart ass but every time I open this post it is way off topic. It really should just be deleted.

Sent from my Ideos S7

I tend to agree with Sikyou. Personally, I'm removing this topic from my favorites. I would however like to ask our moderators to post a redacted version of the topic as a sticky, one limited to only pertenant information to the topic.

dajack761

Dec 8, 2010
Ok just a suggestion -
Wrap up all these posts into a new thread called

Android 2.2 update for Huawei S7 Rants

And sart a new specific thread for serious posts!

I don't say I like these sort of tedious postings, but, in my experience there are many who have the need to get stuff off their chests and if they register as members then there is always ther risk that a thread will become hijacked/heated/irrelevant/stupid/obnoxious/etc/etc.
So let them have a rant thread and then we don't need to read it and they don't feel marginalised.
Ah the democracy of forums.
The Greeks had that a long time ago!
The Geeks can have it today!

Well said!

cathi888

Jan 6, 2011
I cannot get the z4root to download. It says The content is not supported on this tablet. Can you help?