Huawei Ideos S7 - Post-Root Tips Sharing

Snyperx

Nov 22, 2010
Wow. That totally sucks!! What is the return time at BB for this thing? I will have mine for 30 days on the 23rd. I may return it after actually reading that article.

bigblue206

Dec 2, 2010
Seeing how it looks like Huawei is not going to back the current S7 I am going to just return mine and wait for the new one that is supposed to be released in a couple of months. It is to bad because it is a nice tablet.

dvdrms

Nov 27, 2010
there is nothing OFFICIAL saying that s7 will not get 2.2. in the other hand they said before that we will get 2.2 next year.

zenkibuta

Nov 12, 2010
Wow. That totally sucks!! What is the return time at BB for this thing? I will have mine for 30 days on the 23rd. I may return it after actually reading that article.

yeah i was wondering whats the maximum return days for this product. i bought mine last november 11 so it's more than a month now.. huhu

rokky

Oct 22, 2010

YMMV with your BB, but I have a little over a week to return it to my local BB, and take a $45 (15%) hit for the restocking fee (they made a point of that with the "14-day Return" tape stuck all over the box - no Christmas gift grace period extension). I am thinking more and more that will be the price of my "trial period", and be done with it.

However, given that this issue does not seem fully settled, and IF BB happens to have a substantial sale price reduction in this coming Sunday's ad, I might "cash in" their price match guarantee (since it will still be within the 14-day period they specify in the fine print for that guarantee), and hang on in hopes it will get the Froyo update. I most definitely do not want capacitive, so that is no incentive for me. The lack of USB host and inability to connect after pairing my Palm bluetooth keyboard are other negatives for me though...

Last edited:

rokky

Oct 22, 2010
You're correct i returned my device today also this is an great device but there will be no update to 2.2

Did y'all have to pay BB a 15% restocking fee? Mine claimed I would have to when I bought it (and "14-day return" tape stuck all over the box so I could not open it without "tracks").

DavidB

Dec 11, 2010
Well, great. Looks like I'll be returning mine today as well. As for BB's restocking fee, the store I went to had a non-working display unit (somebody put in a screen lock code, and no one can unlock the device), so I got the one of the managers to make a note on my receipt to waive the restocking fee since I was buying "blind". Often BB will do this if it means making the sale. Just ask nicely before buying, and they'll usually go along with it.

LDW

Dec 12, 2010
i can see why Huawei would do this but it really isn't going to work in there favor , there not a big brand name so a failure so big as Not updating there most recent hardware is going to make them look really weak to the community , but that said i am still getting and keeping my S7 for the sole reason , 2.2 would only help with a tiny bit of speed and flash 'MABYE' you seen the 2.2 not have flash on other tablets , to be honest 2.1 is fine for the S7 and its capability but if everyone will return there tablet because its not up to date , all the tablets company's will go bankrupt because the soft and hardware changes every freaking quarter . Still hoping Huawei will come to there senses , but it seems like the community are giving up because the brand doesn't help out . got news for you , no company these days gives something for nothing

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
We will see things turn around next year. Huawei has long term plans for the American market.